Tuesday, October 9, 2012

 How did it become Fall overnight?  At night the temperatures have been dipping down to freezing.  Daytime is fun time.  I love the crispness of Fall.  Crisp temperatures and crisp colors.  Somehow it lightens my step and energizes me. 



Yesterday we worked on a rock walkway that has been a work in progress for quite some time.  Our property is mostly rock, with a little soil mixed in for good measure.  That, combined with Jim's strong German heritage's love for all things rocks, he has surrounded us with wonderful rock walls and walkways.  If it isn't rock, then it is brick.  Usually he works on these by himself, which means he is up and down.... pick out a rock, sit down to try to place it, only to find it doesn't quite fit, then back up to pick another rock, then back down.  He's never complained, but it is definitely easier when I help and he can sit and dig and place, with me bringing him rocks to choose from.  Now we can both rub our backsides and say, oh my I'm sore (or something like that). 
 
After wearing ourselves out playing with rocks, we retired to our metal chairs around the fire pit and had some wine and cheese.  I've yet to figure out who drank that entire bottle of wine.  It couldn't have been us...
 

 
I started to snap this picture and Whiskey ran up the steps to get in on the photo op.  Silly dog.
 
 
Hope everyone is enjoying life as much as I am right now!
 

14 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

How nice to share a bottle of wine with your Sweetie!!! Sounds like fun!

jewelzmomof4 said...

Mom I think it is hereditary...I collected rocks as a kid and find myself picking up cool rocks here and there and everywhere. My boys even find cool rocks and put them in their cool rocks jars. I get the same way in the fall as you do but more so when I am out at your house because it is simply beautiful there...I think we will move back in there...just for a while to enjoy the fall out in the woods once again....sound good to you???? hehehehehe....get up off the floor....I'm just kidding!!!! well sort of!!! hehehehehe

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

I am all for your wine time and cheese. Fall is being very good to us here in Missouri! I just want it to slow down!! CH is a rock wall, path, rocks around the flower bed rock collector, rock mover, dry creek bed builder kind of guy too.. :) Thank goodness we gots lots of rocks!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Wine and cheese around the fire sounds like a great time to me!

betty said...

I love how Whiskey got into the shot! So cute!! Sounds like a wonderful thing to work together with on such a project and then you can both look back and see the fruits of your labor (and then you can enjoy the fruit of the vine together too!)

betty

AliceKay said...

Whiskey is very photogenic. Loved that last picture. LOL

Sounds like you and Jim work well together. Glad you both could relax over wine and cheese afterwards. :)

I had to scrape ice off of my windshield yesterday morning in order to drive to work. We've had some pretty cold nights here lately. Not many sunny days for the past week either. Mostly overcast and dreary. Not good for fall foliage picture taking, but I've managed to get a little in.

Rita said...

Whiskey loves getting his picture taken--LOL! ;)
I am energized by the colder weather, too! Been 20s and 30s here at night with 40s and 50s during the day. colder earlier, but I still am enjoying it. :)

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

We need RAIN! Got an eighth of an inch last night, I will take it but dang can't we have a good all day soaking RAIN?

Vicki Lane said...

We have a frost warning for tonight and my husband and I scurried around this afternoon bringing in the tender houseplants and the not quite hardy herbs (bay, rosemary, and pineapple sage) and the little calamondin tree. Probably not necessary tonight but it would have to be done sooner or late.

Hoorah for wine and cheese time!

Vicki Lane said...

We have a frost warning for tonight and my husband and I scurried around this afternoon bringing in the tender houseplants and the not quite hardy herbs (bay, rosemary, and pineapple sage) and the little calamondin tree. Probably not necessary tonight but it would have to be done sooner or late.

Hoorah for wine and cheese time!

ChicagoLady said...

Sounds like your aches are the good kind, after doing work you enjoy. And what better way to end the day than to sit and relax with a bottle of wine?

Whiskey better be careful, if he keeps taking cute pictures like that, we might forget he's an attack chihuahua.

Farida said...

I am able to experience fall through your photos and the photos shared by other bloggers and sometimes wished that I could also witness its beauty.

I haven't tried wine and cheese but I love the latter ever since. Take care :)

Jori said...

Cute doggy! I love your mums!

AliceKay said...

Just popped in to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving. *hugs*