Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Barn Charm Tuesday

I am once again joining in with Tricia at Bluff Area Daily  and all of the other barn lovers for Barn Charm Tuesday.

Great things happen when two friends come together.  They get to catch up on each other's lives, give help where help is needed, spend a little time visiting with family, share a meal or two, and do a little sight seeing of the country side.  An email from my Pennsylvania blog friend, Alice Kay (sorry, no link to this private blog), described just such a wonderful weekend when she and my other Pennsylvania blog friend, Iggy, got together.

The good thing is that I know for a  fact that I was in their thoughts as they enjoyed visiting with each other, because they took barn pictures!


 I usually try to crop out a lot of the surrounding area and focus on the barn.  But in this case, I just couldn't do that.  I love the long shadows cast by the trees and the hills in the background.  Isn't this a beautiful setting for a beautiful barn?



Cropping in tightly blurred the quilt blocks, but I had to post it anyway.  Look how gorgeous it is?  This barn makes me want to put my paper crafts away for awhile (almost) and get back to material crafting.  Why oh why are there so few hours in a day, making me choose one passion over another?

Thank you Alice Kay for sending me this barn picture and sharing what a wonderful time you and Iggy and Terri (her hubby) had.  I only wish I could have joined you!

How about it folks, don't we want to see more Pennsylvania Barns from Iggy and Alice Kay? 

19 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

So pretty!!! I love your barn photos, and this one is a beauty!

So glad Alice Kay and Iggy had some fun together. They are great peeps!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Impressive barn
Passing through on my roadtrip

Pix Under the Oaks said...

Yes! We want to see more. Gorgeous barn and beautiful setting!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'm with you, Deanna, why can't we have more hours in the day? There is just never enough time to do all I like to do.

This barn is gorgeous. Love all the quilt blocks and the setting is beautiful, too.

Intense Guy said...

You were most definitely in our thoughts as we toured the Pennsylvania countryside nearly overwhelmed by the shear number of barns - some charming and some with "personality" and/or character, and some without any grace at all.

Here is another shot for you:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mousleyka/8857345465/

:) Hugest Hugs.

CAROLDEE said...

That is just amazing..Nice that they take pride in their barn and keep it looking so beautiful. Wonderful photo. :-)

Unknown said...

Stopping by from Barn Charm,,,,love the barn you captured and I agree, I like the full shot of it too!

Latane Barton said...

That is a great barn. I've never seen so many quilts on one before. It's really decorated up!

Pamela Gordon said...

This is a gorgeous barn! I love that it's stained red and is well kept up. The quilt blocks just add to the country flavour of it. Great barn! Thanks for visiting me and leaving your comment. Blessings, Pamela

Mari said...

What a beautiful barn! It's huge and all those quilt squares are gorgeous.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

wow, i really enjoy all the quilts so nice. what a keeper. ( :

Rose said...

How nice they took the photo for you...and we all get to see it. It is really a beauty....and like you, I like the long shadows.

AliceKay said...

You were certainly in our thoughts when we visited this barn. :) I know Iggy has quite a few more "barn shots" in his collection from our tour of the countryside. While we were driving on those back country roads in the middle of nowhere, he would see a barn and say...there's a barn charm....or....there's a charm of a barn. :) Keep a lookout on his blog and I'm sure you'll see more. :)

Thanks for posting my pic. i wished you could have joined us, too. *hugs*

AliceKay said...

I just pasted Iggy's link into my search bar and saw the pic he shared with you. LOL

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Thanks so much for sharing your friends journey! I LOVE barn quilts!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love barns from every state! This one is so very pretty! Twyla

Elaine said...

Gorgeous barn and scene! Amazing to see a barn with so many quilt squares--quite impressive. I've got to agree with you that there are never enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to. I have so many projects tucked away, just waiting for me.....

Cindy said...

I love the barn picture. I have a fascination with old barns, especially the ones that have quilts on them. I have even been finding a few here in Indiana, a special treat!

ChicagoLady said...

I saw a Barn Quilt Saturday as I was driving to Iowa. I missed it coming back home, but it was a cute one square quilt on a pretty red barn. Almost makes me want to make the drive back there (with my camera) and stop along the way at the different places that looked interesting, including at this barn.