Tuesday, August 6, 2013

What we have here is...

Dakota and Austin spent the night with us last Thursday night.  We were planning on doing a little shopping the next day.  Here is how the conversation went:

Me:  We have a lot of shopping to do tomorrow.  Maybe I'll even get you guys each a pad and pencil for school.

Grandpa (trying to maintain his "so tight he squeaks" image):  I'm not spending that much money on these two!  We'll buy only one pad and one pencil and they can share.

Austin:  I get the pad!

Dakota:  They are talking about a paper pad, Austin, not an iPad...

Austin:  Really?

Me:  Yea, you know, like a Big Chief Tablet

Austin:  What's that...

Austin with his much wiser older brother Dakota

13 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Oh that made me laugh out loud!!!

ChicagoLady said...

LMAO! Kids are the sources of many hours of laughter for adults.

Pix Under the Oaks said...

Laughing here!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

How times have changed! Too cute!

Intense Guy said...

*giggles*

Actually, a "pencil" might almost be as "prehistoric" as a pad of paper!

:) and hugs.

AliceKay said...

LOL

Vicki Lane said...

Thanks for the memories! My grandfather used to take me shopping for school supplies...sixty years ago.

ChicagoLady said...

Hope you're ok, with all the rain hitting MO this week!

AliceKay said...

I've been wondering whether the rains and flooding were in your area, too. Hope all is well there.

Flat Creek Farm said...

LOL!! Oh the times they are a-changin'! Adorable, they are ♥ Have a great holiday weekend!! -Tammy

Intense Guy said...

*peeks in for an update*

:)

Queenie Jeannie said...

I remember those!!! Although, I think they'd prefer an ipad, lol!

Unknown said...

lol, kids are awesome