Friday, May 3, 2019

I’m just a coyote....

This story may be a repeat, but we just watched a news story about a spunky 105 year old, and it reminded me of my 85 year old friend,  Dorothy.  This story is one that needs to be told over and over again.    

On most Tuesdays Dorothy and I quilt side by side, along with four other ladies.  There is no telling where the conversation will go during the two hours we are together.  Quilters lips are sealed about what is discussed while quilting... except the coyote story.

Years ago hubby Jim and I hosted an annual Christmas party with two other couples.  Folks were encouraged to dress up and enjoy the fancy hors d’oeuvres, drinks, and conversation.  I took a picture of Jim and Dorothy at one of these parties.  Both were dressed to the nines and smiling big.  It was a frame worthy photo, so I gave Dorothy a copy.  We got to talking about how much fun those parties had been and Dorothy grinned and said she loved “that picture” and had it on her bookshelf.  I couldn’t resist teasing her that she was “hitting on my man”.  She batted her eyes and said, “you know, I’m just a coyote”.  Errrr I think you might mean cougar?


1 comment:

betty said...

Too cute. I'm not sure if it would be better to be a coyote or a cougar. Either one could wreck havoc.

betty