Tuesday, December 25, 2007



This is a magical time of year. Last night we celebrated Christmas with our family. Things were a bit wild here! Our three kids, their spouses, their kids, Jim's mom, my mom and dad, and my brother were here, totaling 21 people. The four oldest grandkids read "The Christmas Story" (The Gospel according to St. Luke Chapter 2 verses 1-20) It was a special moment for all of us and the only time the entire evening that only one person was talking and everyone else was listening. Of course they then tore into the presents with a vengence! My mom and Jim's mom both have alzheimers. They were both in their own versions of lala land, but at least they were with us (kind of). Anyway, it is my prayer that everyone had a wonderfully blessed Christmas.

I received a radio clip in the mail yesterday that I thought was just AWESOME! It is of a little boy who called into a Houston Radio Station to talk to the DJ. The 12 year old is explaining about a talk he had with God. This clip would decidedly be more appropriate at Easter than it is at Christmas but yet, here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCdZwitrNoY

3 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Sounds like a marvelous Christmas, Punkn. :-) I hope you have much happiness, joy, and good health in the upcoming year.

AliceKay said...

Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas with your family. I agree...it's a magical time of year...in many ways.

Awesome message in that link. Thank you for sharing it.

LadyStyx said...

Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all. HAve a Happy and Safe New Years!