Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Will I ever learn Wednesday

It has been a very busy week for us. When we are on overload like we are right now, the ditzometer starts racking up major points.

WILL I EVER LEARN…

I waited until this week to start on taxes. Yes, I said START. Never mind the fact that we have a business and farm to report on. Every year I promise I’ll do the taxes in January. Every year I do them April 15th.

Instead of working on taxes, I was in the field taking pictures of our new baby sheep.

059

I know. Isn't he cute!

My eyes traveled up into the woods to the beautiful redwoods peeking out from under the tall oak trees. And that is when it happened.

067

I wandered over to the fence to get a better shot. I stood on an old piece of tin. I leaned in for a better shot. And I shocked the crap out of myself on the electric fence. From my toe to right out the top of my head. I’m pretty sure I stopped breathing for 5 or 10 minutes, but Jim says I didn’t.

----------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of Jim. He is certainly no stranger to doing strange things. My ankle was sore last weekend, so he kindly offered to drop me off at the door of WalMart. We needed presents for grandkid birthdays.
After we finished shopping, I decided I could walk to the car. So we headed out. Now we are all creatures of habit, right? Well, he is the worst. So I was not surprised when he headed straight out to some yet unseen spot at the end of the parking lot. That is where he always parks. We walked. And walked. And WALKED! Finally he stopped and looked around. Where’s the car? He did a twirl or two on his tippy toes, looking around. I was already doubled over in laughter. Then he looked back towards the store, two rows over, and started walking. I couldn’t see the car, but I followed him anyway. Finally! The car was parked two spots from the store door. You know, the one right next to the handicapped spot. The one that is never open.
---------------------------------------------------
  • I forgot to buy wrapping paper for the birthday presents. So we stopped at the store on the way, and bought a wrapping bag. As Allen was opening his present, it hit me that I had bought ONE bag. We had two birthday parties. So I did the only reasonable thing. I stole Allen’s bag back when he wasn’t looking, so I had something to put James’ present in.
  • I forgot to open the church for the carpet cleaners. Fortunately, I gave them my phone number. You know, just in case I forgot to open the church…

  • I took some beautiful pictures earlier this week. There was no card in the camera. A.G.A.I.N.

  • Instead of working on taxes, I am working on this blog post

-----------------------------------------------------

Years ago I hosted a baby shower for my bosses’ wife. Everyone I worked with and their spouses were invited. Wanting everything to be just perfect, I gathered beautiful wildflowers for a bouquet. All was perfect!

Later that night, Jim happened to look closer at my bouquet. And he started laughing. I never was very good at identifying poison ivy. The vase was FULL of blooming poison ivy.

The question I’ve always had was… did no one notice, or was everyone too nice to say anything… I’ll never know for sure, but I’m pretty sure if even one person had noticed, they would have gone out of their way to tease me. So I’ll go with no one but dear one noticed!

Have a great rest of the week all. It is once again just beautiful here!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you just plug your camera into the computer to download photos rather than take the card out to do so? Just a thought.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
(May there be no more shocks in your life today)

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Wait till I see Jim . . I will tell him to look high at the numbers on each post. That's where you park!

Have fun on those taxes, YUCK

Beautiful weather, unfortunatly I am at my paying job today and tomorrow :(

Leah said...

Oh, I love these posts of yours. :) The electric fence sounded painful! Glad you are okay. And a bouquet of poison ivy. . . ahh. . . every woman's dream. :)

Tonia said...

Lol Oh wow!! I have had a few run ins with the electric fence NOT fun!!

Intense Guy said...

:) You make me smile and just want to hug ya...

I completely understand the park the car in the exact same place (or else!) thing... it just gets up and moves on its own sometimes.

*giggles at the poison ivy bouquet*

p.s., Hope ya finish filling out your 1040, schedules A, B, C, D, E, F, and all the other random numbers. Our tax law is too complicated when it takes more than 10 minutes to do them.

Anonymous said...

OMG you are just too funny I love these post and I only wish I had as much to say like you do, hugsss

AliceKay said...

Aww...I loved the pic of the lamb.

Good luck with your taxes. Blogging is more fun but that tax deadline is coming up very, very soon. I filed our taxes a couple of weeks ago.

I've had a few run-ins with electric fences, too. Shocking experience, to say the least. LOL

You're quite the character. I sat here laughing...and feeling for ya. LOL. (I'm sure no one noticed but Jim)

*hugs*

Funny in My Mind said...

when are we getting together? we would laugh all day!
that baby sheep is adorable! will it be a lamb chop someday? I don't want to know.
"I’m pretty sure I stopped breathing for 5 or 10 minutes, but Jim says I didn’t" Oh how I howl at that!!!!!!

betty said...

LOL about the poison ivy flower arrangement; your little sheep is sooo cute! just want to hug and cuddle him

love what you did with the gift bag; I think that is a great recycling effort on your part :)

good luck with the taxes.....

betty

ChicagoLady said...

Punkn, this post had me chuckling and laughing with each new tale.

I did my taxes Monday night after work, fortunately it takes less than 2 hours. And every year I say I'm going to do them in February, and I do them less than a week before they're due.

I have a similar car story. I was at Meijer (similar to Wal Mart) and had parked my car halfway down an aisle in front of one of the doors. I forgot which door I came in, and went out the other. I went down the aisle, no car. I stood there for 5 minutes, swearing, pressing the lock button so it would beep, thinking it had been stolen. I went to the next aisle over, no car. I stood there shocked that my car had been stolen, continuing to press the lock button, aiming it in different directions. Finally it dawned on me that I was in the wrong aisle, that I had gone in the OTHER door, and when I walked down there, my car was right where I parked it.

junyah said...

I guess you must have to have a card reader for your camera.Thats like my cell phone i wanted to take pictures with it but then i would have to E-Mail them to myself and thats a text meassage and they cost extra. How bad was the iching after you got all that poison ivy in the vases ?? you must have had some reaction to it.My wife did our taxes last night, i had to sign them before she left for work.less we get a little back ,thats good its oil for the furnace. Hugs smoochies JR

Toriz said...

LOL!

The one worth posting from my week is the one that I posted on my own blog on Wednesday... Yep, the Willow one.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Did you get the taxes done???? Wow, what a big job for just one day! Yikes!!! I DO do them in January and got my refund the last day of January.

The photos you took are awesome!!! Owie on the getting zapped. I've done it too and it really smarts!!

Could you please go vote again today, and tomorrow?? She really needs our help!!!

LadyStyx said...

I so adore these posts. Always put a huge smile on my face.