Friday, December 16, 2011

That’s Amore

   
Our bunch had a great time several weeks ago when we came together for a Pizza Party. 
IMG_4337
I’m talking home made dough, fresh ingredients, build your own type pizzas. 
IMG_4327
The kids really got into the act of rolling out the dough and deciding which toppings were appropriate and which were not.  We did insist on one adult pizza, complete with onions, green peppers and mushrooms. 
IMG_4371
With our tummies already yelling STOP!, we dug into whipped cream topped pumpkin and warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream.  Oh my gosh.  Does it getting any better than that?
Of course it gets better than that.  A few stretched out on the floor and couch for a nap.  I won’t post those pictures.  You’re welcome.
IMG_4347
The rest got caught up in a rousing game of Apples to Apples.
Jim took so many pictures and as I looked through them, a song kept going through my head.  So, I will leave you with my version of “That’s Amore”.   (Forgive me Frank Sinatra and composer, Harry Warren.)  Just hum along as you read the titles under each photo.
The kids keep working while the adults EAT!
When the family arrives to make pizza pie,
That's amore;
IMG_4361
When the smiles are so wide as secret cards slide,
That's a - more.
IMG_4335

Ingredients will swirl, flippy slip-a-tip-a-twirl, slip-a-a-twirl
And you'll sing "Vita bella."
IMG_4329
Hearts'll play tippi-tippi-tay, tippi-tippi-tay
Like a gay tarantella.
IMG_4352
When the old and the young come together as one
That's amore;
IMG_4362
Here it is the clue, whatcha gonna do?
Flour Power
Family is love;
IMG_4320
When you talk and scheme and you know you're living a dream, signore,

IMG_4373
'Scusa me, but you see, back in old Mizouri, that's
amore.

18 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

What great memories! The food looked Delicious too!

jewelzmomof4 said...

We had such a great time t the Thanksgiving Pizza party!!! We ate to much and had a great time catching up. I love seeing the kids get into the making of the pizzas. I think this was a very very very Happy Thanksgiving :)

Funny in My Mind said...

Your home looks so comfortable and warm and cozy! I could almost smell the pizza cooking. No wonder they all like to gather at your house.

Intense Guy said...

This post made me smile HUGE!!

:) Gosh, your place always looks so warm and FULL of great food and love (err.. Amore!)

p.s., I don't think Frank will mind your version of the song - in fact he might even prefer it!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Sounds like yall had a great time !! Pictures are wonderful to treasure!

betty said...

First Iggy and now you are being creative with this song writing, Deanna. I loved it! I was singing along when I saw the pictures and your captions, all precious! Beautiful family you have (I know I've said it before, but I'll repeat it again and again; many blessings indeed there!)

Looked like a very wonderful time for you and your family!

betty

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Deanna, it looks like everyone had a wonderful time at the pizza party with great food, games and fun! I enjoyed all your photos and I like your rendition of Frank's song!

Rita said...

Looks like the best time! I agree with the others in that your home looks so inviting and filled with amore. I was singing along! Love the pictures. Thanks so much for sharing. What a wonderful family!! :):)

Toriz said...

love it! :)

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

Deanna you can't beat Frank, we still listen to him on Sirius almost every afternoon. Well when we aren't listening to Christmas music. Your home looks filled with family love and the pizza party sounds like a fun tradition. Lots of happy smling faces. At least I could think about pizza today while I read your post :) "Back in old Mizouri, that's amore" YES!

Tobi Haynes said...

That looked like a fantastic time. You really are the best Mother and grandmother. I still want to belong to your family.

ChicagoLady said...

Everyone looked like they really enjoy being together as a family. You are very fortunate indeed.

Queenie Jeannie said...

What a fun family you have!!!! Next time I want to come too! And I totally loved your song, lol!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I did so love your take on the song!!! Now, that's amore'!!!

What a blast and a half your 'crew' had makin' pizzas, eatin' pies and playin' together. Live truly doesn't get any better that this!

God bless ya sweetie and have yourself a marvelous day!!! :o)

Vicki Lane said...

What a wonderful post, Deanna! And what a wonderful family you have!

Saloma Miller Furlong said...

I feel like I just visited your house and your family! Thank you for sharing this with us.

Saloma

AliceKay said...

This is what love and family is all about. :) Great family photos.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

*hugs*

Tessa said...

Many thanks for not posting the passed out on Benadryl, um, I mean "sleeping" pictures, mom!