Monday, November 10, 2014

Late Fall on the Trail

Sunday we took advantage of the beautiful weather for what will probably be our last walk along the Katy Trail in 2014.

The Katy Trail at Portland, Mo - flanked by the Missouri River on one side and bluffs on the other.  We love this section of the trail.

A splash of bright red in a world of mostly golds and browns.

One of only two others we encountered on this mostly isolated section of the trail.


Hanger-on's

These beauties were waiting for us.  The fence was a nice touch, if you know what I mean...

6 comments:

betty said...

Such a pretty area to walk in! I think I'm happy those dogs were behind that fence, beautiful that they were!

betty

Vicki Lane said...

A beautiful place to walk. Is the red stuff Hearts a-Bustin'?

ChicagoLady said...

What a beautiful place to take a walk!

Deanna said...

I don't know for sure Vicki, but I think so. The berries look like it. The caps didn't seem quite as bumpy as the pictures I was able to find. They were everywhere and yet this is the first time I've ever seen them.

Intense Guy said...

Such a nice place to walk and ride bikes! Aren't old rail trails nice (and flat too!)

You got really pretty photos!

AliceKay said...

Great pictures. Looked like a nice day along the trail.