Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

It will have ben two years ago this May since we traveled across the Pond to Ireland.
It was a magical trip. There is a reason that the color of Ireland is green. I can still close my eyes and see the lush green grass of the Isles. The people were all very friendly, especially in the pubs. And speaking of pubs, it seemed there really was one on every corner! Apparently every single person had kissed the Blarney Stone, such stories that were told. Our tour guide was Timothy O'Leary and that man could spin some yarns! The streets were very narrow and yet he drove that big ol' tour bus like it was a little sports car. When things got particularly tight, he would just say "Holy Doodle!" and keep on driving. Here is my favorite picture from one of my dream vacations. It was taken from the highest point of Blarney Castle. I took it right after I kissed the stone of eloquence (also known as the Blarney Stone). To kiss the stone, one has to lay down on your back and lean out through the opening. It is really quite scary (at least for someone who is afraid of heights). Now when people tell me I'm full of it, I just smile and know they must mean I'm full of blarney.

This is an example of the narrow, winding roads. This road is part of the Ring of Kerry route, a very high traffic route. It was very common to meet tour busses going the other way. I just closed my eyes and said "Holy Doodle".

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY FOR ALL YOU IRISH AND IRISH WANNABE'S OUT THERE!





3 comments:

AliceKay said...

Wow...love the pics. Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Ireland. Thanks for sharing some of it with us.

Intense Guy said...

Holy Doodle!

:) Happy St Paddy's Day to you Punkn!!

I've kissed the Blarney Stone too! I think it was in ... let see... 1994... I had a few pints of Guiness so the memory isn't too good :)

LadyStyx said...

What an awesome share! I wish I had the time and money to make a trip like that. It must have been wonderful.