Friday, December 24, 2010

Almost here…

This is the sight that greeted me as I stood on my front porch this morning.  It couldn’t wait 24 hours?  I’m all for a white Christmas, but only on the grass.  Not the roads.  It is pretty, though, isn’t it.

038

I’m pretty sure Santa will show up, snow or no snow…

022

 

Julie’s and Tessa’s kids enjoy seeing the picture ornaments from long ago school days.

023

 027

A bottle of glue and access to his dad’s workshop for a few hours resulted in Greg creating this treasured sled.

024 

Ornaments from family no longer with us are hung with care.

031

There is also the occasional ornament from our first year of marriage that has survived the marching years.

032

 

Earlier this week, our friends (Patti from Osage Bluff Quilter and The Blacksmith, who we met through blog land, visited.  We had a wonderful afternoon as we snacked on holiday goodies and drank a little wine.   The Blacksmith was good enough to deliver some key chains I was giving as Christmas presents.  Check out his blog for a large selection of iron beautiful and unique iron work.

For the first time is 38 years, I did not get a single Christmas card mailed.  I feel so guilty as I open card after card from blog friends.  I so appreciate your good wishes.  You’ll never know when the odd card will turn up in your mail boxes.  Thank you for all the good wishes.  I hope you know they are sent back out to you from my heart.

One of my best friends, Rita B. had gall bladder surgery on Wednesday.  She has been having problems forever and kept insisting it was her gall bladder.  All of the tests came back negative, but she finally got a surgeon to listen to her.  The gall bladder is gone and so are the attacks.  It is kind of a bummer to be recovering from surgery this time of year, but I’m pretty sure the relief of no more pain is worth it.  Hope you are doing good Rita.  And stay off those stairs!

035

In case I don’t get back here tomorrow morning, I’d like to wish everyone a very merry and blessed Christmas.

11 comments:

Intense Guy said...

:) Winter wunderland... my dad plays a snappy version of that on the piano... I'll bet he plays it this weekend sometime!!

I hope YOU feel better - obviously something wrong when the first time in so long you don't sent cards! But don't fret about it (at least where this blogger is concerned - and I bet some others too) - we'd rather see you healthy, pain-free and ready to go...

Hugest hugs - May you have the Merriest of Christmases.

Tonia said...

We got very little snow.. more or less a dusting that barely shows. But they say more is headed this way.Love your ornaments! I have a some little knitted ornaments from my grandmother that are my most precious. She has been gone since I was a kid but she is always missed.
I have never been successful with the Christmas card thing ever!! even filled them out one year and left them on the coffee table.. To later be used for the girls to play with!lol
Merry Christmas to you all!

Rural Rambler said...

Beautiful in MissouREE this morning Deanna. Not too much down our way, barely a half inch! Love the pictures of your ornaments. Wine with Patti and her husband sounds fun!

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!

Rita said...

Merry Christmas, Deanna. Don't worry about the cards. Have a restful holiday. I hope your friend does well, too.

Love the ornaments and the snow looks just beautiful! Have a great Christmas!! :):)

Funny in My Mind said...

Merry Christmas Deanna!!!
We had the same amount of snow- the dogs were so excited!
Just stopped for my first Peppermint Mocha of the season, yum!
I hope the weather stays decent for travelers!
Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year, I am so thankful to have met you and other bloggie darlings!

AliceKay said...

I really enjoyed your pictures. The snow IS beautiful. Too bad it has to fall on the roads, too. Loved the pictures of your ornaments. There are some very special ones are hanging on that tree of yours.

Don't worry about not sending out cards. I tend to agree with Iggy, tho....something's wrong if you didn't send them out for the first time in 38 years. *hugs*

I hope your friend Rita recovers quickly. I'm glad she finally got someone to listen to her.

And last but not least...best wishes to you and your family for a Merry Christmas. God Bless you all.

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

The snow made it just beautiful today. I spent way too much time in front of the windows. While I was doing some last minute sewing of doll clothes, I raised that blind all the way up!!
Have a blessed Christmas!

Steve Skinner said...

Best wishes for a very Merry Christmas!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Soooooooooooo pretty!

Anonymous said...

Id say that was a beautiful sight that greeted you hehehe. It greeted us this morning and it is still snowing but I love it. I love the ornaments you have from the past those are great. The ones I had like that I already passed out to the kids to keep for themselves and decorate their own trees with. Hope you are having a happy Sunday HUGS

Toriz said...

Ornaments with treasured memories atatched to them are very special!

I know the thoughts behind the Christmas card are returned, even without a card arriving, so don't worry about it. :)


I hope your friend is doing better.