Friday, December 10, 2010

Expensive is not always better...

The good news is the dress made it!  The bad news is that if I planned on breathing while having fun, it wasn't the dress for me.  And it was expensive!  It is going back.  By pony express - the same way it got here.

I was doing some miscellaneous shopping this afternoon and happened into JC Penneys and found a glitzy little number that was (ahem) 70 percent off!  I snatched that thing with my greedy little paws, pulled out my $10 off coupon and headed for the checkout.  The sweet clerk told me to keep my coupon, charged me the $14.98 price tag minus $10.  I am going to proudly wear my $5 Jacquespenne' snazzy top with a black skirt dejectedly hanging in my closet.  Ahhhhh.  Life is good.

15 comments:

Rita said...

OMGosh! If that isn't perfect in the end! Your story made my day. :):)

Steve Skinner said...

I love JC Penney coupons! We have a couple I'm going to use this weekend for a few Christmas gifts.

Flat Creek Farm said...

Go you!! Love those JCP coupons. I most recently received a doggy bed free there w/ a handy $10 coupon. I have another one burning in my pocketbook. They are just the best. You are gonna look SO snazzy!! Enjoy!! -Tammy

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

What a deal. Such a bargain, I do hope we get pictures!
I bought my mother of the bride dress today off ebay, I hope it's a keeper!

Funny in My Mind said...

A woman after my own heart!

Tonia said...

WOOOHOOOOO Love love LOVE a deal like that!

betty said...

You go girl! I'm sure you looked smashing!! What a great deal you got!! something you definitely could not pass up!!

betty

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Love it! I love good deals like this! Way to go! I'm sure it looked wonderful and hope you had a great time. ~Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Wooohooo! I so love my JCPenney 10 dollar off coupons LOL I used mine the other day on a shirt only paid 2 bucks for it but she took my coupon LOL Congrats on your find I bet it is beautiful, you will have to show us with pics heheheh HUGS

Janet said...

I LOVE those $10 JC Penney coupons. How awesome that you got to use yours more than once!

Intense Guy said...

I bet you looked "tout simplement merveilleux et juste chic" in that Jacquespenne ensemble!

spacegirl60 said...

I LOVE when a bargin comes up like that. Congratulations. Did you have a good time at the party?

Toriz said...

Just goes to show that paying more doesn't always mean you get a better outfit. I'm glad you found something you liked and that fit in time, and that you got it at such a bargain price.

Rural Rambler said...

Deanna you have inspired me to head to the CoMo mall for some kind of thing to wear to the niece's wedding. Hope you had a wonderful time!

AliceKay said...

Wow! You done good! (nice outfit, by the way)