Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas pictures…

Thankfully we had a full house for Christmas this year. 

On most days, Whiskey guards the homestead at the kitchen window.  On Christmas Eve, Reagan took up post, watching and waiting.  We finally put her to work loading the food tray.  Judging from the looks of the tray, I think she has a future in catering, although there is some danger that she might eat the profits.

2010-12-251

We always take a moment to remember the real meaning of Christmas with a scripture reading.  This year Allen and Anna read “The Meaning of Christmas” from Charlie Brown’s Christmas.

The laughter that filled the house was music to my ears.  It was also music to my ears when Travis opened his present of two shirts and said “sweet”.  Cody and Travis both got shirts from us and they both seemed happy with them.  Whew.  I’ve discovered as the grandkids get older, the gift buying gets more difficult.  I think they were all relieved that I didn’t insist they line up for a group photo.

2010-12-252

It is a good thing that I have a good sense of humor.  Alicia and Greg gave me a basket full of cool gifts.  Tessa said she liked the basket, and I told her she couldn’t have it.  That is when Cara blurted out “she can have it when you die”.  We were all flabbergasted and she was like “What?  It’s true”.  I laughed so hard that I cried.  Good tears.

2010-12-254

We bought blankets for Jim’s mom to give each of her Great Grandkids.  I embroidered their names on them.  It turns out that those blankets were the hit of the night.

 

blankets 

The evening ended with a little Wii play, pool play, and horse play.  We had the best time!

2010-12-255

 2010-12-25 

And there you have it – Christmas at our house in the woods of Missouri.

13 comments:

Steve Skinner said...

It would appear that a great time was had by everyone!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

what great photos! Lots of wonderful Christmas memories.

AliceKay said...

You have a beautiful family. It looks like everyone enjoyed Christmas together. The kids did a great job reading the story, too.

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Loved reading about your family Christmas, Looks like everyone had a good time.

Rita said...

This was such fun to read and see all the photos! Loved the video!! And the comment about the basket--priceless! Looks like a really nice time was had by all. :):)

Queenie Jeannie said...

What awesome pictures!!! Loved seeing them all!

Rural Rambler said...

The video is priceless! Love your collages. It looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas! I'm kinda sad it is all over. But we have the New Year celebration to look forward to. Now if I can just keep myself from taking those trees and decorations to the basement!

Intense Guy said...

Awww... I got goosebumps reading this!!

Such a wonderful Christmas! Your embroidery was the hit - I'm not surprised :) it has been so on at least a few Christmases now. :)

Hugest hugs... thanks for letting me inside to share your Christmas.

- hugest hugs -

Vicki Lane said...

What a happy family Christmas! Love the idea of the blankets!

Flat Creek Farm said...

Beautiful pictures... loved the video too. What a wonderful Christmas you had with all the most perfect ingredients :) Happy New Year to all!! -Tammy

Anonymous said...

Wow what a houseful and its so great that everyone had a wonderful time, I loved all the pictures and I loved how you grouped them together :o) HUGS

junyah said...

Absolutely Fabulous,you have the greatest family, your very Lucky indeed.Merry Christmas to you and your wounderfull family.
Y.O.P Junyah

Toriz said...

Sounds like a fantastic way to spend Christmas!