Saturday, January 1, 2011

Fun

I’ll bet YOU weren’t making Gingerbread Men on New Year’s Eve.  Here is to a wonderfully Happy New Year to everyone!

018

 

These guys have PERSONALITY!

------------------------------------

004

“Watch carefully little ones and I’ll show you how it’s done”

--------------------------------------------------

  008

Total concentration

-------------------------------------------

013

Dakota’s getting those creative juices flowing.

---------------------------------------------

011

     

We still haven’t figured how Austin got the mouth above the nose on this one.

014

Gingerbread making kit from Hobby Lobby at 66% off = $5.00

The smiles of Dakota & Austin = Priceless

 015 

--------------------------------------------

001

Now if our Whiskey Dog would feel better again.  He has been hurting for weeks now.  The vet thinks he has a ruptured disk and has given him muscle relaxers.  He has good days and bad days.  Cold seems to especially make him get “stoved up”, so his time romping outside is very limited right now.

We have been babying him like, well, a baby… carrying him up and down steps, not letting him jump off of the furniture, and covering him up with blankets.  We even raised his food bowls a few inches off the floor so he wouldn’t have to bend his neck to eat.  It took us a few days to figure out why he had quit eating and drinking.  This dog is so set in his ways that he would not eat with his bowls in a different position.  The minute I took them off the pedestal, he started chowing down. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

16 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Those area some great memories you and the boys made!
Happy 1/1/1.

Patti

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Your right, those smiles are priceless. Hope your dog feels better soon.

Rita said...

What a wonderful way to spend New Year's Eve!! They should be very proud. :)

I hope Whiskey feels better. Breaks my heart to see anyone in pain. Our furry companions are precious.

Happy New Year, tho--and I hope it is a great year for you and yours. :)

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Deanna! Looks like the little ones loved making Gingerbread Men! Cute! Hope your little dog gets to feeling better soon. Happy New Year! ~Cheryl

Vicki Lane said...

What a nice thing to do! And re the collard greens and black eyed peas -- it's only good luck if it's your tradition!

AliceKay said...

Gotta love those smiles. :D The boys did a great job with those gingerbread men.

I hope Whiskey gets to feeling better soon. It's hard seeing a pet hurting.

Best wishes to you and your family for a Happy New Year.

Unknown said...

The boys look like they really enjoyed making the gingerbread men.
Such fun.
I sure hope Whiskey starts to feel better soon. Pets are such a comfort to us.

Anonymous said...

Awww I sure hope Whiskey feels better soon and he is so lucky to have a loving family to help him out :o)

Those cookies look so yummy and so cute, looks like everyone had lots of fun for sure.

Happy New Year HUGS

Missouri Gal said...

Looks like you all had a great time making cookies! Poor dog, I feel for him. Happy New Year!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I hope your sweet doggy feels better soon! Great photos with your grandchildren!!! What an awesome Grandma you are!!!

Happy New Year!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Sorry your little puppy dog is not feeling well. Anytime you are with the grandchildren is the right time for making cookies!! :-)
Happy New Year to you and yours!

Rural Rambler said...

Happy New Year! How fun with the Gingerbread Men! Awww Deanna I hope Whiskey Dog gets to feeling better pronto!

Intense Guy said...

If you figure out how the mouth got put on over the nose, let me know? :)

Too precious. You don't even have to eat those cookies to enjoy them...

I hope Whiskey is back to he old ornery demon self soon... as the others said, its rough seeing a loved one hurtin'.

Toriz said...

Happy new year to you too!


Poor Whisky dog! I hope he's doing better!

You're right, I wasn't making gingerbread men on New Year's Eve.... I was busy being ill, and trying to go more than five minutes without coughing. Your New Year's Eve sounds much more fun! ;)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Awww poor doggie...he does look kinda of stoned!

Love your little characters and the gingerbread too.

Our little Honor said the other day when bitin' into a very hard gingerbread cookie, " I've never truly tasted a delicious..really good ginger bread cookie." She's our totally dramatic on...my Mini Me!

I bet she'd have a change of mind eatin' you little guys. The look soft and delicious!

God bless ya and have a most beautiful New Year!!! :o)

jewelzmomof4 said...

Those cookies came home with me and let me tell you it took a couple days before I was even allowed to try one!!!! They didn't want me eating their hard work LOL. Once I did get to try one it was very yummy....unfortunatly for the gingerbread man because I ate him all up!!!!