Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tag – you’re it

Come on in…

jan 11 snow 117

And sit a spell.

jan 11 snow 112

Too cold you say?  Well then let’s walk a bit.

snow jan 11 306

We’ll follow that guy.  Hurry up so we can catch up with him.

jan 11 snow 030

I see now where we are going.

jan 11 snow 071

To the corner of our property where there is an old limestone quarry, surrounded by barbed wire because it
is very dangerous.  The one our dear son was warned as a child to never go near.  The one that we found out years after he had kids of his own that he and his cousins jumped in when nobody was looking.  

jan 11 snow 045

If Greg still lived at home he would probably be trying to ice skate on this deceivingly frozen body of water.  And he would fall through the thin ice.  I count my blessings that he survived his childhood.

jan 11 snow 040


Time to head back home.  It is cold out here!  And the snow is deep.

jan 11 snow 089



jan 11 snow 134


Are you next?  How many inches of snow are you going to get?

jan 11 snow 104

14 comments:

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Lovely post and very pretty photos. We are getting seven inches of snow after midnight.

Nancy said...

I'm near St Louis and we got around 10-11 inches last night. it's so pretty, but so hard to get around in...

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I love being snowed in!! Just not this weekend. Shower got postponed until tomorrow night (Why IDK, SIL thinks the roads will get better with 6 degree temps overnight) what ever.

betty said...

Beautiful! So pristine looking! Hmmmm, I don't think we are getting any snow here.......but we are supposed to be 76 degrees tomorrow and sunny......

betty

Rita said...

Only expecting about another inch of snow, but it is 23 below at 11pm up here in Fargo with wind chills of near 40 below. Yes--it is cold enough for me, in case you were asking--ROFL!

Lovely, lovely, lovely property! What a dream to live with the woods and trees and even a place to possibly drown! What more could a kid ask for!! You guys are living the dream life. :):)

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Wonderful winter photos. I wasn't brave enough to get out in the cold today even when the sun came out! Maybe tomorrow. They say more snow is on the way. Take care and stay warm!

Steve Skinner said...

I enjoyed the walk and didn't have to get cold or wet!

Rural Rambler said...

Deanna, love the new header! Both of those puppers are sweet. I didn't know you had a Basset!

You got yourself a winter wonderland there. And you may not want to hear it but 3 to 5 are on the way. I hope it misses us all. I am done with snow and winter.

Anonymous said...

LOVED this! :)

jewelzmomof4 said...

Beautiful pictures!!! I have always loved all the snow covered trees out there!!Thank you for a walk down memory lane.

Unknown said...

Your house looks lovely in all the pretty snow. We got 6 to 8 inches here in Warsaw. Haven't been out but thinking of going to the store tomorrow just incase we get more Sunday.

Anonymous said...

I love how you did this blog with all the pictures, and I sure hope I get as much snow as you got LOL thanks for the walk it was fun :o) HUGS

PS: I love the new picture you have at the top there, cute lil doggies :o)

Toriz said...

I've had my turn with snow. I'd be happy to have it back, only it will make the workmen do even less work, so maybe it's best if I don't hope for more snow right now? Yeah, I think no snow would be best right now!

Intense Guy said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!

I love that nuthatch picture!

I got about 12 inches yesterday/last night. I ache from shoveling.

And just think.. winter is only half over...