Monday, March 21, 2011

The dance

When we introduced Bailey into our life, we were a bit concerned about how our 9 lb Demon Dog would get along with this who knows how many pound cat (20? 30?)… I just know when I pick him up, he is heavy!
The two warily dance around each other, usually keeping a bush or something between the two of them.  I don’t believe there is any chance they will be best of buds, but they have learned to respect each other.  Wouldn’t it be nice if the human race could learn to do the same?
IMG_1477

Bailey made himself right at home.  He sleeps on his own personal cushion on my rocking chair.  Now that Spring is finally here, he has even learned to share that chair with me when I take time to front porch sit.  We love Bailey.
IMG_1486
We wanted a big ol’ tom cat that would lay around on the porch and do a little hunting in his spare time - and that is what we got.  He is perfect in every way.
IMG_1463
And Whiskey?  He is doing fine.  He cautiously sniffs the air before he heads out to do his thing.  Don’t you just love the tough guy stance he takes?  Yep.  We love our Demon Dog too.
 IMG_1470

14 comments:

betty said...

I noticed you changed your header, Deanna, Bailey's picture is cute! Wouldn't it be neat down the line if there was a picture of all your critters together?

glad that they are getting along somewhat okay and that Bailey has proved to be a great addition to your family!

betty

Akum said...

So cute... Have a great week ahead

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Love you new header. It looks so spring!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Cute pets! What would we do without our pets? Have a great Monday.

Toriz said...

Yep... Shame the human race can't do the same thing! *Sigh*


I'm glad Bailey has settled in nicely, and that Whisky and Bailey are - though far from best pals - getting along, and not fighting!

Anonymous said...

Well blogger is giving me fits some pics I could see and some not so I will have to come back for sure but they are both so cute and I sure agree about everyone getting along like those two, if only! Wonderful post to give me smiles thanks, HUGS

Anonymous said...

I got to see the other pics and finally the header LOVE it!! :o)

junyah said...

Theres this thing called ,,( THe pecking Order.) amoug animals,it can be age, sex, the toughest, who was here first..lol I dont think that works to good in Humans, but the people we have running this country want you and i to think they are a lot smarter than we are and we should do as they say..( like thats going to happen) Y.O.P. JUnyah

AliceKay said...

Oh my goodness...I loved these pics. :)

Looks like you have a very smart cat in Bailey. I think Whiskey is smart too...for keeping something between he and Bailey. LOL

I had to laugh when I read about Whiskey's "tough guy stance". LOL

Thanks for the pics. By the way, I love your header, too. :)

Vicki Lane said...

We have a Chihuahua/Dachshund mix -- who is smaller than out Very Large Cat Eddie. William walks very softly around Big Ed.

Rita said...

I had a couple of chihuahuas when I was a kid. They do not necessarily realize they are small--hehe!

Great pictures! I'm glad they are not fighting. :)

Rural Rambler said...

Bailey is a Big Beautiful Boy Cat! Glad he has a home with you Deanna :)

Intense Guy said...

That's a big cat!! You and Rita could have a play date and put Bailey and Karma on the swing set.

:)

I love that last shot of oh-so-confident Whiskey... He knows who's the top of the "peckin' order" even if Bailey doesn't!

LadyStyx said...

Oh he's absolutely beautiful! We took our furbabies to the vet. Katy lost about a pound (YAY!) and Dharma gained it (up to 15 pounds now). I have no clue how she managed it with the food on one level and the potty on the other...