Saturday, June 25, 2011

Watch out for June!

June.  What can I say... June is the happening month. 


39 years ago, this guy I met in Kindergarten and I got married.

Playing nice when cutting the cake

We were young and in love.  We are still in love and young at heart.  Our lives are full and blessed beyond all of my dreams.  Together we have raised a family of three wonderful children.  Our lives have been one challenge and many joys after another.  All I can say is that I would not have wanted to walk hand in hand through life with anyone else by my side. 

If we promise something to each other, we try to keep our promises.  In 1976, money was tight.  We already had a beautiful little 2 year old girl and were expecting another baby that summer.  Even though it was going to be financially difficult, we decided I would quit my job and stay home with the kids.  Since we seldom ate out - even fast food was a budget buster - Jim promised this very pregnant wife that he would take me out to dinner for our Anniversary on June 17.  This was one promise that he struggled to keep.



Greg - 2 months old

Gregory James chose the evening before our anniversary to make his appearance.  What a sweet bundle of joy he was.  I immediately thought he looked just like his daddy.  Happy Birthday to my sweet son!
Of course this meant that I was in the hospital doing the mommy thing when our anniversary rolled around.  But never fear, Jim kept his promise (kinda).  He shared my hospital tray of food with me.  That was as close as we could get to eating out for our anniversary this year.  At least it was free!  Good thing, because our new baby boy wasn't!  Oh, and for dessert Jim brought me a milk shake.  Chocolate.  That probably wasn't the wisest choice of dessert for a nursing mother.  I'm not too sure how we have survived each other, or how our kids have survived us, but somehow it has all worked out!


Here is our rolly-polly lovable little boy. 

Greg & Alicia and family
And here he is 34 years later with a family of his own - still making me smile with all my heart.

Who could have guessed that many years later, our daughter would meet and marry a wonderful man.  Well, that part isn't so surprising.  But the fact that his birth date is also June 16, was kind of amazing.  Happy Birthday to our son-in-law, Bill.  Thank you for being part of our family. 


Tess and Bill and family

Here he is with his happy family.

And that leaves Julie for another day. 
She was considerate enough to not be born in June.  But watch out July!

13 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Happy Happy Anniversary to two great friends we have come to know. May you have many, many more!
Love B & P


PS Ask Jim who he hollered at today after the funeral?! LOL

Missouri Gal said...

Happy anniversary and happy birthday to the guys! You have a lovely family!
Nicole B.

Rita said...

What a joy to hear how in love you two still are after all these years! What a blessing!! And what lovely families your kids have, too. Happy anniversary and happy birthdays!! :):)

Funny in My Mind said...

Wow! What a nice cake.
Happy anniversary (late!)
That photo of Greg as a baby and his adult photo- he has the exact same expression. Funny.
A very nice family tribute.
I appreciate all of the positive comments I receive from you about my MIL and everything else. I would really love to get together sometime!

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

Well! A Very Happy Anniversary to you two!

betty said...

June is a great month at your house (and July equally as well) Happy anniversary to you and your husband! 39 wonderful years! that is an accomplishment this day and age!! Your son/daughter and their families, what a blessing indeed (as well as your other daughter of course :)

beautiful families!!

betty

AliceKay said...

A beautiful family whom God has blessed with many wonderful additions. Happy Anniversary! And a happy belated birthday to the birthday boys. :)

Toriz said...

*Slaps self on forehead saying, "du-oh!"*

I forgot to wish you and Jim a happy anniversary! Well, I guess I'll just say it now.... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

I hope you did something nice to celebrate.

Also, happy birthday to Greg and Bill!

Texas Gal said...

I haven't been on much and I'm sorry I missed your anniversary So Late happy Anniversary and I know you will have many more :)

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures! I remember your wedding, and the beautiful song you sang to each other! So many years and so many memories! So proud of my cousins! Happy Anniversary! Ours was #41 on June 14th. dee hb

ChicagoLady said...

Happy Anniversary, hope you are lucky enough to have another 39 years.

What a cute photo of Greg when he was little. Looked a little bit like a troublemaker though, lol.

Queenie Jeannie said...

What a happy month June is for you all!! Hugs!

Intense Guy said...

Happy anniversary(s) and happy birthday(s)!!!!

I'm going to need a scorecard!

Sounds like October is a slow month in Missouri...