Monday, August 15, 2011

THE Lake

We went to The Lake this weekend.  Locals to mid-Missouri who read my blog already know I mean the Lake of the Ozarks

The weather was perfect.  The skies opened up with large drops of rain just after we unloaded the car and got settled inside our friends, Patti and Gerard's, cabin.  About an hour later... here comes the sun!

Patti is "the entertainer".  I'd have to say her style is simple elegance.  She always makes things look so easy when she entertains.  Everything that can be done ahead of time, is.  Nobody would guess all of the work that goes on behind the scene... but I know...  and appreciate the relaxed atmosphere. 

Dining at the Lake of the Ozarks - Patti style!

A Spanish dish of rice and seafood.  Its official name escapes me - but it was oh so good!

A moonlit boat ride.  Terrible photo.  What can I say...

Breakfast of Baked French Toast and sausage links - once again overlooking the lake.
The french toast recipe can be found here.  It is a Pioneer Woman recipe and we all know every one of her recipes are the best ever!  Plus, it as easy to make!

You see everything on the Lake.  Not a care in the world.

The lake boating activity by mid-morning was mind boggling.  It was a much bumpier boat ride than the previous evening's late night cruise.
A friend of ours bought our son & DIL's trailer years ago for their lake home.  After visiting with them for a bit, we headed back out.  Jim snapped this photo as we were waving good-by.  I was too busy trying to keep from passing out.  It must have been the sun beating down on my head while standing on a swaying dock, but it was definitely touch and go for a bit.  Fortunately a bottle of water and some cooling breezes soon revived me.

Maybe sail boats are more stable than they look.  Personally I cannot imagine sailing on such choppy waters.

This little wood duck joined us as we basked in the sun.  Life is good!

10 comments:

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Deanna, wow that is one beautiful table! Love the tablecloth, centerpiece...love it all! The food looks good, too. I admire the hostesses with the mostest. Looks like a fun weekend!

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

Deanna looks lovely! Nothing like the Lake for a summer day. The boating and the Lake got too rough for us down there, but I have to say your friends prepare a lovely table and you know how I feel about FOOD! It got to be for us that it was enough to sit down on the dock and enjoy a glass of wine and stay off the water! Glad you had a nice time and you recovered quickly from those woozies!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Your dock picture reminds me of the place my aunt had on Indian Creek.
I love evenings at the lake, but haven't done it for years and years.

Toriz said...

Sounds really nice! :)

My hubby makes great French toast.

AliceKay said...

I was in awe at that table setting. I'm not an entertainer and don't pretend to be. It looked amazing, tho.

Night pics are hard to capture, but you did good. I could see the moon and the lights along the shore. :)

I'm glad you had a nice time at the lake. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

ChicagoLady said...

The table setting was beautiful, much more than I would ever do. I read the recipe for the Baked French Toast, and the instructions were hysterical!

Cute duck, but I don't think that's a female wood duck. Looks more like a female mallard to me.

Glad you had fun at The Lake.

junyah said...

LOL choppy in that sail boat ??Lady you havent seen choppy in a sailboat.Its when they lay right on thier sides and waters running over the gunwales you have a choppy sea.Hey that whole eatting thing looked great. im already hungry and that didnt help. Thats the trouble with big lakes, the traffic builds up fast as soon as the sun comes out. Y.O.P. Junyah

Far Side of Fifty said...

I just hate people that can not only make a table look that good but the food and drinks too! Sounds like a fun weekend:)

Intense Guy said...

Sounds like the trip to THE Lake was really nice 'cept for the dizzy spell.

I could have been out on (or in) THE Lake all day (and most of the night too!)

:)

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun I wish we has a spot around here to visit like that :o)