Friday, April 27, 2012

Talent and then some...

The other night we attended a talent show.  Two of my wonderfully talented grandchildren were in the show.  If the display of enthusiasm, sweetness, and caring is any indication of what this generation of young people is all about, we are going to be in good hands.

Being a small town, everyone finds themselves often wearing many hats.  The children are no exception.  A baseball game was also taking place that night in the field next to the school.  And you guessed it.  Some of the children in the talent show were also on the baseball team.  The program was adjusted as needed so the kids could perform and then run back out and finish their game.  Only in small town USA...

These kids performed their hearts out.  They cheered each other on, no matter what the talent.  They were behind each other, lock stock and barrell.  It was one of the most heart warming events I have ever attended.  Go kids!

I am going to leave you with a couple of videos.  I'll have to admit I did not come prepared, tripod in hand.  So the handheld camera is not as stable as I'd like, but this biased Grandma will tell you these little numbers will leave you with a smile on your face.




In this short video our little Anna is the pig-tailed pixie in purple on the right.





Our sweet Cara sang her heart out.  I'll have to admit to have been blown away by her performance.  She had us all in tears as she sang You Can Have Me in her clear twelve year old voice.  If her smile doesn't melt your heart, nothing will. 



I have to include this little guy singing Rainbow Connection. Ol'
 Kermit the Frog would have been mighty proud of him.   I thought he was the sweetest, bravest Kindergartner on the face of the earth.  I'm not sure who he belongs to, but he belonged to the crowd that night.

Thanks to all of the children for a wonderful evening of fun and talent!

13 comments:

betty said...

How cute with the talent show, Deanna! I liked Anna's and Cara's performances! The work that went into it all! I think you did well too capturing their performances too :)

have a great weekend!

betty

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

What talented grandkids your have. Cara did an amazing job, apparently she inherited some of her grandfather's singing genes.
I will keep replaying that one!

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

What a talent Cara has. Her smile does light up the stage. She looks like she is enjoying herself too. Anna was adorable. These talent shows and the other school programs always bring tears to my eyes because they are so honest.

Thanks for sharing your grandchildren with us.

AliceKay said...

I watched your videos the other day and really enjoyed them. Very heart-warming to see these kids perform, and did they ever perform.

Cara was great and did an excellent job. I loved how she got into the music at around the one minute mark in the video. :)

Anna looked like she was having fun, and the little boy was adorable. I watched another video of the little boy that was linked to the right of yours in YouTube. It said his name was Henry.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I'll have to come back another time and see the videos. The talent show sounds like a fun event! Do any your g'kids get their talent from you, Deanna? Enjoy your weekend, it's supposed to rain here. :(

Toriz said...

OMG! Cara was awesome! If she continues with that talent, I can see me rushing to buy her CD, or download her songs in a few years time!

ChicagoLady said...

Wow! All three videos were fantastic!

Cara...just amazing! Absolutely loved her performance of that song. I could tell when she found family, her face lit up like a light bulb.

Anna...looked like she was out there enjoying herself. I never could have gotten on stage and danced for everyone.

And to end it with that cute blonde-headed boy singing Rainbow Connection, how proud his parents must be!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Those videos were AWESOME!!!! What beautiful, sweet children! Your granddaughters are amazing, and you have every right to be a proud Grandma!!!! I love school performances - kids rock!

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

Cara and her Grandma look very much alike! Great performances, you should be proud Deanna! Enjoy your weekend Deanna!

Steve Skinner said...

Very talented indeed!

Vicki Lane said...

Small towns really het some things just right! What charming videos!

jewelzmomof4 said...

I watched those videos the other day.....LOVED THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish my boys would get on stage and do something like that....but then again....I don't know that they have talent shows anymore at their school....or the boys just make sure I know NOTHING about it LOL. Great job girls...Love You!!!!

Intense Guy said...

Talent, brains, and beauty all in one package. Sigh, she's gonna break a lot of little boy's hearts.

:)

I wish my "world" was small town, USA. Far too many folks with contrary viewpoints in the Megaslopolis known as the "northeast."