Saturday, April 7, 2012

There's no doubt in mind....

There is no doubt in my mind...

 

  • That given enough time, I can do anything...

  • That once a camera lens cap is misplaced, it is gone forever... (now I wonder where I left the dog leash)

  • When you have arthritis, it really does help to reverse activity (which is why I am taking time to write this post).  Win!

  • That it doesn't matter whether a household is made up of one person, two, or six, it still gets very dirty...

  • That pollin is the scurge of all things once clean...

  • That pollin is also the plague of those with allergies (of who I am glad I am not one)...

  • That last night's full moon was the biggest, prettiest, one I have ever seen.  According to Space.com the full moon of April is commonly referred to as the "egg" moon.  I'm sure that name has no association with the fact that it is the Easter season.  Right?  It is also referred to, among other names, as the "pink" moon.  Both names are perfect.

  • The 90 degree temperatures we experienced last week were utterly ridiculous for this time of year...

  • I got spoiled, thinking summer was here already, and keep forgetting to grab a jacket when I leave the house...

  • That it is too cold to be sitting on my screened in porch while I type this... (be right back)


  • That Whiskey plays us like a fine tooth comb... or fiddle.. or a yoyo... or a fool... He barks when he wants something.  I say "Don't bark and I'll give it to you".  So he sits there, head cocked, sad eyes... and gets what he wants.

  • That a 20 lb. ham takes a very long time  to bake.  I'm glad I decided to bake it today instead of tomorrow.

  • That a brunch is the easiest meal to fix for a crowd.  So many things can be made ahead of time.

  • That sometimes Pioneer Woman makes me feel just plain stupid.  In all  these years of cooking, it never occurred to bake my potatoes before frying them.  Frying potatoes is now so quick and easy.  I can do them in quantities and they are nice and crispy brown.  Just the way I like them.  I'll be serving them for Easter morning brunch.

  • That this is my favorite time of year - with the exception of Fall, of course.  But right  now, it is my favorite!

  • That I need to blog more...

  • That my knockout roses are already blooming!


  • That I am thankful for my health and refuse to worry about what the future might bring.  There is no point to it...

  • While I'm being thankful, I am also thankful for my sweet and loving husband,  wonderful children, their spouses... and their awesome children.  Each and every one of them is very dear to me.

  • That I am thankful for all of my blog friends.  You are pretty awesome too.

  • That I am thankful for my religion and for God.  Especially during this Easter Season.


Speaking of Easter, I hope everyone has a wonderfully blessed Easter!



13 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

Happy Easter, Punkn!

We all should learn to be more thankful for what we have, and the Easter season is the perfect time to do that.

Toriz said...

Every day is a good day to be thankful for what we have... :)

Happy Easter!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I agree with most of what you have on your list, Deanna. Esp. the 90 degree weather...that was too much way too soon. Happy Easter!

Funny in My Mind said...

I miss those 90 degree days already!
We do need the rain though for the flowers and the grass to grow (so we can complain about mowing and watering!)
Those dogs have a way with us, do they not?
I am thankful for sweet blog friends like you!
I have lost 2 lens caps, my husband still reminds me......
It really was a gorgeous moon but it looked white to me.

Sweet Tea said...

Great list, I think our Boudxy must be somehow
related to your Whiskey. He does the same, and it works
every time! Have a blessed Eaaster, Friend. The brunch idea sounds wonderful!

Steve Skinner said...

Happy Easter to you and yours!

betty said...

Your brunch sounds like it is going to be a delicious one! I'm sure it will be enjoyed by all! Wow that is warm weather for this time of year, and you are right it was an awesome full moon the other day!

Happy Easter!

betty

AliceKay said...

Great list. There are lots of things for us to be thankful for, if we only took the time to look around and count our blessings. (i hope you find your camera lens cover)

My allergies are kicking butt tonight. I was outside pushing a lawn mower around in high winds and dusty conditions this afternoon, in addition to pulling weeds and raking the straw out of the newly seeded back lawn. It's been really chilly here, and we had frost again this morning. No rain in awhile tho, so we're under fire danger conditions.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter brunch together. I'm sure you will. (take pics) :)

HAPPY EASTER!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Happy Easter!!!

We've just had our egg hunt and The Bella is in hog heaven, lol! Your flowers are gorgeous! Enjoy your family brunch!!!

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

Happy Easter Deanna to You and Yours! I am soooo happy it is sunny today!!

Intense Guy said...

Happy Easter Punkn!!!

Hope you enjoyed that brunch...it sounds so yummy!! Did Whiskey get the ham bone?

jewelzmomof4 said...

We had such a great Easter!!! The brunch was YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think Mom needs to check her closet again for the lens cap and the leash...she is notorious for leaving things in the closet.....my boys had a great time with all their cousins, Aunts, Uncles and of course Grandma and Grandpa.

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I don't know how I missed this post. But I can say it is beautifully written and has so much truth to it.
Come to think of it I missed PW's baked/fried potato reipe too!
Guess I need to take the time to smell the roses.