Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring 2012

I know, it is a lame title.  But I am so far behind on blogging, I needed an all encompasing title.

Spring has definitely sprung in Missouri - and then some.  We have gone from 90 degrees a week or so ago to freeze warnings, to thunder storms.  Daytimes are usually getting up to 60 degrees, so I'm not complaining.  It is just beautiful here in Missouri right now.  Flowers are blooming and everything is Ireland green.

For the record.  I found the camera lens cap.  In a cookbook.  Don't ask...

It seems I have gotten away from blogging about my daily life and, as the title of my blog cries out, the loves of my life, my family.  I need to do something about that.

My dear oldest daughter, Tessa, had a birthday at the end of March.  March 29th, to be exact.  I can't tell her often enough how proud I am of her and how much I love her.  Happy Birthday Tessa.  Here she is with her wonderful family on Easter Sunday.




Then Allen turned nine the day after Easter.  Nine!  How is that possible...  His birthday party was held a week early, since his big day was so close to Easter.  We birthday shopped in Boonville, coming home with a movie, book, pokemon cards, and some toy I can't remember.  It was a fun day and a great party with lots of great food. 



As you can see, Allen is fearless.  I swear the rooster is thinking, "are those freckles I'm seeing, or chicken feed?  Hmmmm".


James turned 7 on Thursday.  Talk about a busy time of year!  We'll be celebrating his birthday at the end of the month when things slow down a bit.  Until then, it is Happy Birthday James! 


I am the ultimate proscratinator.  That boils down to me working on taxes all day today.  Yep.  Once again I waited until the last minute.  I finished them and for the first time in many years we are getting money back.  That means I need to adjust my deductions.  I hate letting the government use my money interest free!

For those who want to be bored with pictures of my family, just click on the video below.  They are all, each and every one of them, precious to me!


13 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

Hahaha, loved the video, and it wasn't boring at all! Perfect song choices, I was singing along with both of them.

Watching the pictures of the kids running around looking for eggs, I was thinking how perfect your yard is for hiding eggs. I'm sure all the kids had lots of fun searching for all the goodies the Easter bunny hid.

And he still had time to put the video together. How thoughtful of him!

I just did my taxes tonight, but they only took me an hour to do. Every year I say I'll do them early, but then never do. I am the ultimate procrastinator. I still have my pictures from my Feb vacation to upload from my camera!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

that Easter bunny that directed that video did a great job! You all have a beautiful family.

Such cute kids. I am so glad you are teaching the little ones the enjoyment of fine wine!

betty said...

Beautiful family you have Deanna! I would imagine the kids enjoyed the egg hunt in such a great big open space like you had! LOL, we are getting our taxes done tomorrow :)

betty

Queenie Jeannie said...

Fabulous video!!!! Wow, Judy Garland really had a voice, didn't she?? You have much to be proud of with your amazing family!

Taxes? Wow! I filed mine in mid-January, lol! I like to get it done right away because we still get a little back. A lot less than before, but still, I'll take it!

I'm so glad you're all having a great spring! HUGS!

AliceKay said...

Happy belated birthday to Tessa, Allen, and James. That's a great picture of Tessa and her family.

I had to laugh when I saw the picture of Allen and that rooster. It made me wonder whether the rooster tried to peck at his freckles after all. lol

Busy time of year for lots of folks. I know it has been for me. I've taken hundreds of pictures the past month or so but no time to blog about most of them. I did our taxes a couple of weeks ago. We'll get a little back.

Speaking of back...I'll be back to look at your video another time. Right now, I gotta get to work. Have a great Monday!

Intense Guy said...

Happy Birthday to all that have or had one recently!

I love that family shot under the arbor!! Such a family full of handsomes and beauties!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

You have a beautiful family, Deanna! Your video was perfect and shows a family having a lot of Easter fun!

Rita said...

Great video! Nice catch-up post!! Beautiful family. :)

AliceKay said...

Zip-a-dee doo dah, what great family photos! That Easter Bunny sure is a mighty fine director. :)

jewelzmomof4 said...

I love the pictures Mom...You will have to send them to me :)

Pix said...

That picture of Allen and the rooster~priceless! I hear you on blogging. We were gone all day to Springfield yesterday and back on the road today. I am not going to make Barn Charm. Lovely family Deanna. Family is everything!

Toriz said...

Happy birthday to Tessa, Alan and James!

Pokemon cards; good choice Alan! ;)

Awesome about getting money back, and glad you found the lense... LOL about where you found it though!

Nancy said...

A beautiful family! :)