Monday, May 20, 2013

Some Randomness

We went boot shopping Saturday.  Can you tell?
Grandpa threatened to wear his boots and camo shorts to Travis' next wrestling match.  You know, for the cool factor.
Personally I think those knobby knees are rather sexy, don't you?


Mushrooms?  



I see you

You can't see me.  I blend in with the driveway.  So there.


Nanna nanna boo boo, I still see you!




Remember my poor cherry tree, bent to the ground under the heavy snow?


Here it is a few weeks ago.  It won't be long now and the good Lord, the worms, and the birds willing, we will be once again picking juicy red cherries.  Amazing.


A conversation with Jim recently:
Me:  I need to get the pruners and trim some of the dead limbs off the cherry tree.
Jim:  Those dead limbs aren't going to get any deader.  We have a lot of other, more important, things to do.
Me:  Yea, you're right.  I need to get the flowers and herbs we bought yesterday planted.  By the way, where are they?
Jim:  I don't know.
Me:  What do you mean you don't know?  You got them out of your truck!
Jim:  The pruners?
Sometimes we really do have difficulty communicating...

Did you know that Google keeps track of your birthday and posts a special birthday image for you on your special day? It feels a little FBI-ish to me...
Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday dear me..... Happy Birthday to me!



12 comments:

Parsley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I love the Chihuahua! What a doll! Of course I love the breed as I have 4 of them. LOL

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Happy birthday and your little doggie is so cute!

Funny in My Mind said...

Happy birthday Deanna!
We ended up losing some of our evergreens, now we have big holes and no time to shop for/plant new ones.
The hummingbirds are back, guess I need to dig the feeders out of the shed.
Whiskey is cute, as always.

AliceKay said...

Loved all of your pics. Those boots looks pretty cool. ;)

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a marvelous day!

(and no, I didn't know Google did that)

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Yum I love cherry pie!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Happy Birthday!! I didn't know that about Google...that's strange.

You have a very cute doggie!

Megan said...

happy birthday! you take such lovely pictures!

Intense Guy said...

Happy Birthday Punkn!!!

29 years old (again???!)

:)

Whiskey is looking good - as is knobby knees and Travis!

*didn't they know boots was made fer walkin'?*

Pix Under the Oaks said...

Happy Happy Birthday Deanna!
Love the boot shot!!!

Intense Guy said...

Never did figger out what the strange "flower" was....

Queenie Jeannie said...

I hope you had the bestest best birthday!!!! Like getting new Copics, great! LOL!

ChicagoLady said...

Sorry I missed your birthday! Hope it was wonderful. Another reason I don't like using Google.