Friday, May 3, 2013

Good Mail

Several weeks ago I received a box in the mail.  It wasn't just any box, but rather a sweet present from an even sweeter friend.  I met Queenie Jeannie a few years back through this wonderful world of blogs.  Through her blog she shares her day to day life, her love of her family, her country, and card making.  It is because of her creative passion that I found a renewed interest in scrap booking and a new interest in crafting in general. 

Don't kid yourselves folks  This stuff is a sickness.  It gets under your skin and won't let go.  I'm loving playing with all of my new "toys".  I'm loving my new scrapbook nook, and I'm loving my box of goodies from Jeannie.


Many Magnolia stamps, rhinestones, and a wonderful magazine with Magnolia stamps crafting ideas. 
The Magnolia stamps are crisp, clear images begging to be colored... with Copic markers.  Copics are an alcohol based marker that makes blending easy.  They are a dream to use.  Unfortunately, they are a bit pricey.  I've been buying them one at a time for weeks now.  Every time I'd get within shouting distance of Hobby Lobby, I'd march in with my list of must have markers and 40% off coupon.  Because they are so loved and pricey, they are kept under lock and key.   The keeper of the key knows me well.  She sees me coming, waves, and heads towards the Copics.  She almost got a big hug yesterday, though, as she confided they were getting in a new supply of Copics and all of the existing ones were going on sale for 40% off!  No more sneaking in with my coupon week after week.  Oh my word.  What am I going to do with all of my spare time?

Of course my box of goodies came with a beautiful hand crafted card.  I didn't realize until I posted this picture that the card got hidden under all of my other goodies.  But never fear, I know how to steal photos and took the liberty of stealing a picture of the card from Jeannie's blog! 

So pretty!  And guess what?  It is even prettier in real life.  But then, you'll just have to take my word on that, now won't you?

Thanks for stopping by.  Will be by to visit everyone soon.

PS:  Update on my computer.  It is seriously ill.  The Dr. says he can make it better, though.  It just needs a new heart.  We are hoping it will be released from the hospital next Tuesday.

PPS:  I have an idea of something to send Jeannie if I can find it.  But this is our secret.  Don't tell Jeannie. ;)

14 comments:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Looks like you'll be having a lot of fun in the near future with this stuff.

Annesphamily said...

Wow! You have lots of fun and creativity in your future! Happy weekend!

Pix Under the Oaks said...

That is some good and pretty mail Deanna! I am not crafty but I would like to be.. :) Enjoy your MissouREE Saturday and think thoughts that warm sunny weather is coming, warm sunny weather is coming.......
Good Morning!
I am surprised I have never run into you at the Hobby Lobby.. :)

Parsley said...

What fun! Scrapbooking can be addictive, as can cross stitch. I have to limit my hobbies.

AliceKay said...

Wow, what a nice surprise. That Jeannie is one special friend, isn't she? :)

I'm glad you're enjoying the stamping and creating. Great bargain on those Copics.

I hope the computer doctor can heal your computer. Our wireless router was giving me fits the night before last, yesterday afternoon, and again last night. I think it might be time to replace it. :\

(ps. i won't tell Jeannie. lol)

ChicagoLady said...

Hope the new ticker for your computer has it running like a champ in no time!

Queenie Jeannie said...

LOL! Enjoy, Sweetie!!!

Surprise??? WHAT surprise??? ;)

AloneInTheWorld said...

Great post, Deanna :) Thanks for sharing. It reminded me of my mother-in-law, who was an avid scrapbooker. She used to send me the most beautiful birthday and Christmas cards, which I treasure now that's she's gone.
I came across your blog on the A to Z Challenge, and I wanted to nominate you for a Liebster Award :)
You can check out the details here:
http://joanneclancy.blogspot.ie/

Intense Guy said...

She really sent you a treasure trove!

:)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Deanna - You need to delete the obscene French comment!! Don't translate it, just delete it!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ribbon Girl said...

Hope your pc stays well - wow what a lovely gift to receive - Jeannie has such good taste :o) I love Magnolia stamps and also gain much inspiration from the magazine, Mary x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.