Thursday, October 23, 2014

Is 9 enough for a gaggle?

We had a pond put in where the sheep used to graze 4 or so years ago.  The fish we stocked it with are getting eatable big.  The pond itself is maturing with all of the vegetation, insects, and various pond life that is needed for a "healthy" pond.  Today as I was heading to work two geese were walking along the road with out a care in the world.  That is when I noticed that our pond is finally complete.  I know, I know, I will live to curse the poop and the weeds this gaggle will introduce to our previously serene setting, but for now I'm going to smile at the sight of these guys.


9 comments:

Steve Skinner said...

You are so right about the fertilizer that the geese will produce over time!

ChicagoLady said...

According to Wikipedia: In terms of geese, a gaggle is equal to at least five geese.

I hope you get migratory geese, and not the permanent residents.

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

You blogged, you blogged! See it wasn't so hard!

Missed ta!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

It's good to see you are still around. We've missed you!
BG blames the geese for all the junk growing in our pond like the moss and flowering whatsits.
Happy Fall to you!

Intense Guy said...

Smiles at ChicagoLady's information - now I learned something today!! (I can go back to bed now).

So nice to see you post something - will you be eating any of the fish? What kind are they?

Deanna said...

Whew, Chicagolady, thank you for validating the fact that we do have a gaggle of geese ;)

Iggy, this year we mostly caught and released. The pond is stocked with blue gills, bass, cat fish. The grandkids have been having a good time fishing because almost every time they cast, they catch a fish. It takes one adult just to take the fish off the hooks!

betty said...

I would never get tired of looking at them or at your pond! I would enjoy watching the fish too!

betty

Vicki Lane said...

Good to see you back! And I think a pond looks better with geese.

AliceKay said...

Was this just a temporary stop while they were passing thru?