Saturday, September 5, 2015

A cure for insomnia

A cure for insomnia

I wonder how HGTV would feel if they knew they are a cure for my insomnia.  You see, I have a lot of sleepless nights these days.  I've done about everything I can to find my happy place and go to it - without success.  Until now.  Don't get me wrong.  I love HGTV.  Brothers vs. Brothers, Flip or Flop, Love It or List It, and Fixer-Upper (my personal favorite). I watch them all of the time when I am cooking or sewing.  But late at night when the demons visit, my solution is a dose of HGTV reruns and a glass of wine.  Yep.  A powerful combo.  The voice of HGTV and the repitition of their shows and the tannins in the wine (just one small glass) finally lull me into sleep.

Now a cure for snoring.  Not mine.  His.  Because he doesn't complain about mine.  Who knows why.....

7 comments:

Steve Skinner said...

Go with what works!

betty said...

I'm going to remember this cure for my insomnia nights! Hubby doesn't complain about my snoring, he just leaves the room, LOL :)

betty

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I'm hooked on tiny house, big living! As for sleep, I recently started taking over the counter melatonia. Works good, when I can remember to take it.

Missed your blogging!

Love ya gf!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Correction, It's Melatonia I use for sleep.

Intense Guy said...

It's rough not sleeping well. Hugs. Sometimes an afternoon nap of a couple hours is worth 7-8 at night.

ChicagoLady said...

Getting to sleep isn't usually my problem, getting up in the morning is! Glad you found a way to solve one of your problems.

AliceKay said...

It definitely is rough when you can't sleep. It takes me awhile to fall to sleep most nights, even though I take something in the evening to help me relax. It's a little stronger than Melatonin, and probably not something I should be taking long term, but with the pain I've been dealing with and not being able to take much of anything except for a few Tylenol now and then, I do what I gotta do to get a few hours sleep. If you ever find a cure for snoring, let me know. Someone here needs it. We've made different sleeping arrangements at my place due to very annoying, very stressful snoring from a certain someone who shall remain nameless.

Nice to see a post from you. I was surprised when I clicked and saw a few. :)