Thursday, August 20, 2009

You’re a Gem Award

Thank you, Iggy, for this award. You are a Gem.

I hereby award "You Are A Gem" to the following people that were obviously inspired when they wrote the entry for which I've linked...I hope you will find them well worth the read.

you_are_a_gem_award

Jeannie - from Jeannie's Happy World is always a fun read. We often see the fabulous cards she makes, or her precocious, adorable daughter, Bella. Her husband, Thomas, is also often proudly featured. Jeannie is a very caring person. She often joins in causes for those in need. And she LOVES her country and don’t you DARE put it down. That is the post I linked to because I LOVE my country too. God Bless America! And check out Jeannie (although I’m pretty sure everyone who reads my blog already does).

Intenseguy - I have to link right back to the person who gave me this award. He is inspiring. He is funny. He opens his soul to us. He opens the world to us with history lessons. He cares with great intensity. I have shed many tear while reading his blog – some from laughing so hard I cry, and others from emotions I didn’t know existed. And I have been sent googling many times because my knowledge is so limited! Intenseguy's “When Friends Struggle” post meant a lot to me. I’ve gone back and read it quite a few times. (And here I keep backspacing because I’m trying to tell you what it is about and can’t find the right words – it is about so much!) But the bottom line is he is here for us, his friends, no matter what.

Ladystyx - I tag Ladystyx's 2 Cents from a Chaotic Mind. I never know what I’m going to find in Styxie’s blog. Whatever it is, it is always interesting. Recently she started a What You Saw/What I Saw posting of clouds. I’ll bet each and everyone of us has played and still play the game of seeing pictures in the clouds. I think her idea to make a blog game out of it is a stroke of genius. And to top it all off when she posts the What I Saw entry, she includes a picture from everyday life showing it. My hat is off to you Styxie (oh wait, I don’t have a hat on…)

In My Mind It’s Always Funny – I’ve just recently started following In My Mind It's Always Funny and always come away grinning. Through the ramblings of everyday life she touches on her own very real problems but always throws in a sprinkle ton of humor. I don’t really have a favorite post of hers, so I just linked to today’s post and hope you enjoy it.

There are many other blogs I enjoy and that have special posts, so to pick a few, I had to just close my eyes and then go after the first posts that came to mind.

I hope those I tagged (except Iggy, he already did this) will tag others, because I’m looking forward to checking out your favorite posts!

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Aw. Thank you.

*hugs you tight*

The Wife O Riley said...

Congrats to you and the well deserved bloggers you picked.

Karla said...

You are a gem Deanna..rather it be blogging or in friendship..you are a real gem!

Funny in My Mind said...

Honored, as always!
I will stop by the other winners as well.

Toriz said...

Congrats on your well deserved award. :)

LadyStyx said...

Awww thanks!

*tosses ya a hat to tip*

It'll be a few days before I can repost this one. I got a few ideas but it's gonna take time to get them dug up.