Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Will I Ever Learn Wednesday

It is that time of week again where I get to tell the world just how ditzy I can be.

WILL I EVER LEARN…

  1. My sole purpose for going to town was to deliver an order of embroidered hats. Does it come as a surprise to anyone that the hats remained at home and I had to return to get them?
  2. I finished my work out yesterday and noticed hubby had called. So I called him back. Getting voice mail, I left him a sweet little message. You know the kind, “I noticed you called – what do you want?” He called me back and said, much sweeter than I had, “I didn’t call you, hun. Are you sure it wasn’t from the other day”. To which I replied, “No, the time stamp definitely says “February 2, 10:39 am.” That is when I had to pause and regroup. Utoh. I finally remembered that I couldn’t find my phone when I left home around 10:30. So I did what any enterprising person would do, I called myself. And that my friends, was the missed call… me calling me.

    ------------------------------------------------

  3. And here is one of my not so proud moments from the not too distant past.
    We were spending the weekend with our friends, at the Lake of the Ozarks. I’ll have to admit, when we are with Patti and Gerard, it is difficult to call it a night. We tend to stay up long past the witching hour. On this particular night, the guys gave up the ghost long before us ladies did. Patti and I sat on the deck and solved the world’s problems. As the night wore on, the chill of the wind off the lake got downright cold. That wasn’t a problem – all I needed was to wrap myself up in the quilt from the couch.
    At some point I experienced a common phenomena of the cold… I really, really had to go pee. So, bundled up like a mummy, I headed inside. After doing my thing, I bundled myself back up, arms securely held inside the quilt, and headed back out. That would not have been a problem except that I forgot there was a step down to the deck. And in the darkness I couldn’t see it. With my hands bound tightly within the safety of my warm quilt, I couldn’t catch myself. I went flying, and fell face down with nothing but my boobs, belly, and nose to cushion me from the fall. Can you say ouch? It was awful!
black_eyes

So the moral of this story is: 1) don’t let the guys go to bed first; 2) don’t bundle and pee; 3) don’t drink and bundle and pee; 4) don’t attempt to solve the world’s problems… it ain’t gonna happen!

Love ya ET aka Patti – cuz I know you will read this eventually!

Did you have a “will I ever learn moment: this week?

16 comments:

Funny in My Mind said...

Ouch! I do love hanging out at the Lake though. I have got some friends with lake houses and we can tear it up. And by that i mean, get real tired at 2 and fall asleep outside.

Leah said...

Your stories crack me up. :-D But wow, that looks painful! Hopefully you were able to have a good laugh about it once the bruising and pain went away. :-D

Toriz said...

Monday afternoon, Mam and I dropped Elizabeth off somewhere while we went to get petrol for the car. While getting the petrol I was about to ask where Elizabeth was, but luckily realised in time.

Saturday morning, I asked my Mam when she planned to get Wayne up. Bearing in mind that I knew full well that Wayne was staying at a friend's house Friday night and not coming back until lunch time Saturday.


And my whole week has been full of simular moments. :(

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Bet ya had a good time !!!

Enjoy...LindaMay

Intense Guy said...

Ouch, and hear I thought Smashing Pumpkins was a rock band.

I bet you learned to cover your head with bubble wrap when walking around ala comforter-mummy style..

Your post inspired mine today. :)

betty said...

visiting from Iggy's journal; oh my gosh, the phone call you made to yourself and then thinking it was your hubby was priceless.

ouch with your fall, thankfully you weren't too seriously injured

I hope you have a nice day today :)

betty

Janet said...

Kind of like when I emailed myself and then got all excited I had email. lol

Nana said...

I have so many of those moments I can't even count. My mom is worse. The other day she went grocery shopping. When she got home she noticed she had a sandal on one foot, a shoe on the other. At least they were the same color.

jewelrybyrebecca said...

Hope the boo boo gets better soon.

Ya know they sell sample sizes of paints now. It's great if you want to try on a color before you pick one and paint your whole wall. I'm in the midst of painting three walls three different colors. So I cut in all the corners and around the fireplace using my cute little sample cans. Then I rolled on the wall cover only to learn that there is a slight variation in tone from the cute little can to the gallon can. Can you say re-do. Sigh.

AliceKay said...

LOL

Anonymous said...

Punkn, you are hilarious lol thank goodness you didnt hurt yourself worse than you did wow, I bet you were so sore, bless your heart HUGS

Together We Save said...

Oh my.... that looks painful.

Rita said...

Still chuckling--sorry--because that looks REALLY painful! But sounds like something I might do. I hope you are all flesh colored again. ;)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Poor baby, that looks so painful. I hope ya'll healed up OK.

Are you gettin' any of this wintry mix? It's nasty here and we still have snow from the last blast.

Take care and have a fabulous day!
God bless....

LadyStyx said...

pssst...I did the same thing with my cellphone too. shh.

ChicagoLady said...

I sure hope your face is healing up nicely. Those are nasty looking bruises.