Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Will I ever learn Wednesday

It’s that time of week again where I get to tell the world just how ditzy I can be.

WILL I EVER LEARN…

How is it that when one room is being messed with, the whole house gets trashed?

About a year ago I got the hair brained idea that our 29+ year old out dated bathroom needed a facelift. The “facelift”, which began in earnest 2 or so weeks ago, included gutting the bathroom and fixing a sagging span of wall where a stained glass window goes. I’ll do a proper post on that when the job is done, but right now…

004

Everything has been removed from the walls surrounding the bathroom and the fireplace mantle so that the hammering doesn’t jar something loose.

006

Dry wall dust is everywhere…

005 There are tools in the hallway…001

There is a hole in the wall where my beautiful stained glass window used to be… (and yes, it will be put back in there)

006And, of course, my bathroom is a mess!

We tend to remodel a lot. So I know what it entails. Yet I keep thinking of things to change. Will I ever learn!

--------------------------------------------------

I was helping hubby put in a heavy beam across the span where you saw the hole in the previous picture. Now that experience is a post in itself. Oh my goodness! At one point during the whole ordeal the hot flashes flared. The kind of hot flash where my face was redder than a vine ripened tomato. So I scurried down the ladder and turned the thermostat down to 50 – even though the furnace wasn’t even on at the time. I don’t know why… but just doing that made me feel better.

002

Last night as I was curled up in my favorite recliner, remote in hand, watching television, waiting for hubby to get home... and I was freezing. So I curled up into a tighter ball than I already was and covered myself with the heaviest blanket I own (thank you Julie and Doug for the Christmas present). When hubby got home, I told him the temperature must really have dropped again because it sure was cold in our house. He calmly walked over to the thermostat, turned it back on, and just shook his head at me…

-------------------------------------------------------------

And here is one from my not too distant past. It comes straight from a Chevy Chase movie, or Three Stooges… and I fell for it.

I was drinking a cup of coffee while visiting with some co-workers. Three of us. Me and two guys. Guy one says, “What time is it?” The other guy grins and says, “I don’t know”. Deanna (me), always obliging, promptly twisted my wrist to look at my watch and poured my coffee out onto the floor. Yes it was planned by guy one and guy two and yes they howled with laughter! I’ll have to admit, I laughed pretty hard too.

004

It is still a blustery cold day today, but the sun is smiling down on me. So, I’m going to bundle myself up and head out to see what kind of mischief I can get into.

Stay safe out there!

15 comments:

Leah said...

Love your stories. Too funny. :-D

Toriz said...

LOL! Too funny!

Flat Creek Farm said...

Too cute! Can't wait to see your bathroom 'after'. It will all be worth it (keep repeating to self.. lol). Enjoy your day and stay warm! -Tammy

Rural Rambler said...

Deanna I am so happy I found you because you are fun funny. And you are one brave woman. When we moved where we are now in Aug '05 we did remodeling and it was SUPPOSED to last three months. It took a year. I had no nerves left. I will NEVER do any remodeling again. I am looking forward to seeing pics of your new bathroom!!

betty said...

LOL about the thermostat, I could see myself doing that one

bet the remodeled bathroom will look great when it is (finally) completed :)

betty

Funny in My Mind said...

I love your posts but Wednesday is my new favorite. You make me laugh and I will bet your hubby laughs too. The best part is that you can laugh at yourself!

Anonymous said...

You're a goof. LOL. Cold here too... have a blanket on my lap right now!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Deanna, I'm the blogger that has been reading all your old post. You made the comment about Jim working for a funeral home. I thought gosh he looked familiar. So I called my hubby to look. My hubby said he's the funeral guy that asked me about ice fishing when we attended a funeral in Chamois a couple of weeks ago.
Could this be true? Look at this and let us know. If so it's a small, small world!!! http://osagebluffblacksmith.blogspot.com/2010/01/just-another-day-in-retirement.html

Deanna said...

It is definitely a small world. Hubby has a lot of family in Chamois, so he works almost all of the Chamois funerals. And I can see him ask about ice fishing. He isn't here (he's working a funeral lol) so I can't ask him. But, I will show him your hubby's blog tonight.

Nice to meet you!

Anonymous said...

Your house is so pretty Punkn, and I hate doing projects in the house because of that reason with everything just being out of order. I loved your funny moments I always do thanks for sharing girl HUGS

ChicagoLady said...

Looks like a beautiful day there. It was bright sunshine here too.

I don't think it's possible to ever do a remodeling project and not make a mess. I'm sure you'll love the results and will be glad you did it finally.

Forgetting to turn the thermostat back up is something I would do too. In fact I'm sure I've done it or something similar before multiple times, lol.

AliceKay said...

LOL @ the thermostat thing. I bet it got mighty cold in there.

Good luck with the bathroom remodeling. Will be waiting on pics of it's completion, too.

Queenie Jeannie said...

You are so delightfully adorable!!!! LOVED the stories and the giggles! Keep being YOU!! Big hugs!

Intense Guy said...

LMAO!

Say... what time is it?

LadyStyx said...

*laffin*

So I read hubby the one about the thermostat and look at him. He didn't have to say a word because I know that I'd do the same doggone thing!!