Sunday, February 26, 2012

I blinked


Did you ever kind of "lose" a week?  You know, it is Saturday and then you blinked and it is Saturday again?  That is how this past week was.  I blinked.  And it is now Sunday.  One day past last Saturday.    You following me? 

This week we've been battling the crud, but I think everyone is on the healing end of it now. 

It is nice to be able to think to a week ago when everyone was feeling much more chipper.  I wonder if generous portions of wine tasting at Cooper's Oak Winery in Boonville had anything to do with our chippiness (yes, chippiness is a word - trust me, ok?)

We've visited a lot of wineries over the years.  This one beat them all in terms of generosity.  Rather than stand at the tasting table to taste a few vintages, we were invited to sit down on rather comfortable bar stools.  Then the pouring began.  Dry reds? Sweet Reds? Dry White?  Sweet White? Ice Wine? Port?  The selection was endless and the quantity poured were insane.  After the third wine, it became apparent sober chauffeurs were a must.  There is a first time for everything - the first time I've asked a winery to pour less wine.  We brought a bottle or two (or six or seven) home with us.  It was that good!


Bill, Tessa, Jim, Deanna, Alicia, Greg at Cooper's Oak Winery

We then headed down the street to a bar/restaurant for good ol' greasy burgers or whatever everyone ordered.  I kind of lost track.  The younger crowd (which means everyone except Jim and me) went boot shopping before the wine tasting.  And they each bought a pair of boots, the bums.  I was jealous.  See Greg's?  The picture doesn't show it well, but the top of the boot is blue.  Blue!  The bums.

Greg showing off his new boots
Thanks for inviting us along kids.  We had a great time!

Reagan escaping down the drive
Today is a breezy Spring-like day. Jim and I played hooky from all responsibilities.  After Church we packed up our cameras and headed for the country roads in search of barns (after a short side trip to Bandana's for BBQ).  I'm hoping to join in the "Barn Charm" blogs this week.  Stay tuned.

11 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Have you and the blacksmith been close to each other lately? He's got the crud too. Today Ms Lizzie ended up in the ER, 104 temp. Turned out she has Influenza A. That's probably what Grandpa has too.
Your trip to Booneville looks great!
Get better!

ChicagoLady said...

I love going wine tasting when they make you feel at home like that! Looks like fun was had by everyone! Enjoy your week.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Sounds like you had a fun evening, Deanna! Hope you are feeling better and have a good week.

tattytiara said...

You've given me such a craving for new boots and wine. In no particular order.

AliceKay said...

I'm glad everyone is feeling better now. No fun having your family sick.

The winery sounds like a nice place. I'm not a wine drinker, but Marty has been bringing home bottles of wine he's bought at some of the wineries out in western Pennsylvania. We even have a blueberry wine (still unopened).

That's a nice looking boot, Greg. :)

Looks like everyone was having a great time. It's nice to see how you all enjoy each others company. I'm envious of you and your family and your closeness.

The picture of Reagan escaping down the driveway is priceless. :)

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm glad to hear you're all feeling better! I was really wiped out after our company left and "lost" a week myself!! Hopefully we'll BOTH be back on track this week, lol!

LOVE the photos of your wine tasting tour! Sounds like a really fun time!!!

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

Deanna this post has me with a big old smile on my face! Wine. Wine tastin'. Boots. Greasy burgers. AND best of all YOU are going to join Barn Charm!!!! I am so excited that you are going to play :) Missouri is going to be well represented! Those are some very cool boots!

Toriz said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all! :)

Oh yeah, I've had that happen; keeps happening to me, actually.

LadyStyx said...

Seems like the crud's been going around everywhere. So glad you're feeling better. I seem to lose days and weeks even when well so... *shrugs*

A wine tour.... hm... maybe that's what I need to be planning for the next time NYBro shows up.

Rita said...

Looks like you had a great time. Snazzy boots, yes!
When you feel cruddy time can just blink by. How true. Hope everyone is feeling tip top by now. :)

Intense Guy said...

I hope you are all well past the "crud" today!!

Those boots look cool... blue??!?

Mmmm.. a glass of wine (or 6 or 7) would taste good right about now.... :)