Sunday, July 29, 2012

How smart is your refrigerator?


Do you know how smart your refrigerator is? 

Until this morning, I never gave it a thought.  It keeps cold things cold and frozen things frozen.  It automatically makes ice so we don't have to fight over who didn't fill the ice trays.  That's a nice marriage saving feature.  This one that we bought about a year ago also has that nifty little feature that most people have enjoyed for years - a water and ice dispenser.  Love it!

But, I discovered this morning that I didn't really know my refrigerator at all.  She is such a surprize!  Yes, she has to be a she because she multitasks and is very efficient.  Don't argue with me, this is my blog.

Anyhow, I was fixing breakfast... bacon, eggs, toast, fresh from the garden tomatoes and cantalope (unfortunately not fresh from my garden).   I'm standing at the stove frying bacon.  I hear a beep.  Actually 3 beeps.  I look at Jim and say "what was that"?  He doesn't know.  I grab the eggs that I had just gotten out of the fridge a few minutes earlier.  And we hear it again.  Beep, beep, beep.  And that's when we realized just how smart our fridge is.  I had not gotten the door shut all the way.  Beep, beep, beep!

How smart is your refrigerator?  Do you really know for sure?

10 comments:

AliceKay said...

I have an older style refrigerator. Bought it the day after Christmas not too many years ago when my old refrigerator died on Christmas Eve. (i won't forget that Christmas anytime soon) It doesn't have an ice maker or a water dispenser, but so far, it keeps the cold stuff cold and the frozen stuff frozen, and that's all I really care about. LOL *knocks on wood*

betty said...

how cute!! So glad it has that beep beep beep sound; does save for any potential disasters of spoiled food! I'm hoping my fridge will stay smart enough and keep working; don't want to replace one anytime soon :)

hope your weekend was nice Deanna!

betty

Anonymous said...

This just made me laugh....do you hear birds? LOL

Alicia

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Well, I wish my refrigerator was smart enough to say "Get Out" when I go to open it for a snack!! :) Oh, I guess I'm supposed to be smart enough to stay out, huh, well darn.
Have a good week and stay cool!

Funny in My Mind said...

Mine beeps if you leave the door open too. It annoys the crap out of me when I am putting groceries away but I can shut the alarm off.
I wish mine would tell me when we are out of milk, Nick gets really hostile if he cannot have his Honey Bunches of Oats with milk.

Toriz said...

I want a fridge like yours! Mine doesn't have a water dispenser or ice maker, and it definitely doesn't tell me if I didn't shut the door properly. Still, it keeps cold things cold, and frozen things frozen, so I suppose I should be greatful for that... Well, I am, but I'd still like a fridge like yours!

ChicagoLady said...

My refrigerator is as dumb as they come. It's a basic, standard refrigerator with no bells and whistles, no ice maker, no beeps if I leave the door open. But the cold things stay cold, and the frozen things stay frozen.

Vicki Lane said...

I have an old dumb refrigerator -- sure like the beep feature on yours and will look for it when the current fridge kicks the bucket.

Intense Guy said...

Mine is like Alice Kay's. plain and simple and it works..

Anonymous said...

That's a nice feature, didn't know it existed!