Monday, April 28, 2008

Freeze Warning

Here it is the end of April. We spent last weekend planting flowers. I like perennials. I figure I plant them once and then can let them "do their thing". Unfortunately, we've had a drought here in Missouri the past few summers and many of our perennials died and had to be replaced. I love herbs, especially lavender, thyme, parsley, sage, and lemon verbena. *sings a verse or two of Scarborough Fair*. It is so fun to walk down the walkway and reach down and pick a leaf of an herb and crush it between my fingers. The scents are so refreshing. Anyway, we planted cone flowers and herbs. My strawberry plants have beautiful blooms everywhere and my cherry tree that I thought the ice storm killed has more blooms than I've ever seen before. So of course there is a FREEZE WARNING! The herbs should be fine. It is my strawberry plants and cherry blooms that I'm worried about. *Sings freeze, freeze, go away, come again some other day* Lol I guess I'm in a singing mood. Hope everyone has a wonderful week. Huggsssss

2 comments:

Intense Guy said...

*hugs* I hope the strawberries are okay!

ChicagoLady said...

*Sings in a haunting voice*

Are you going to Scarborough Fair? Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme. Remember me to one who lives there. She once was a true love of mine.