Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ultimate Game Show

Our church had an "Ultimate Game Show" fundraiser last night. Unfortunately, it was a total bust. For some reason the committee didn't beat the bushes to sell the tickets the way they should have. We were hoping to sell 300 tickets at $25 each. We ended up opening the doors to anyone willing to come and accepted "good will" donations. We had a group of about 10 teenagers who donated $5 each *sigh*. $5 for a prime rib dinner and entertainment is a heck of a deal, I'd say. I think we ended up with maybe 150 people total. I'm sure we lost money on this fundraiser big time. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.
The dinner was very good. The game show was hokey. We were split into 4 "teams". Each team would have a member go on stage to answer questions to get points for their team. The teams were named the Dogs, Pigs, Ducks, and Elephants. The member playing had to wear a fake nose of their team animal and make the animal noise before they could give an answer. Our team was the dogs. I barked my fool head off, but we were still the losing team lol. If you want to see a video of the game played (not by us, though) go to http://www.powersentertainment.com/ and click on Game Show. Just keep in mind, we weren't nearly as wild as the bunch shown on their video. And no, I did not get on the table and dance around...
Well, Jim is working, so I guess I'd better get busy around here and get some stuff done. Later!

3 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Well that stinks.Sorry it wasnt more productive for ya'll. Maybe this will teach the committee a lesson to get off its collective duffs and do better next time. You betcha that $5 for primerib and a hokey show's well worth it....just for the prime rib dinner alone, it's a deal.

Intense Guy said...

That's rough on the morale of the Church supporters - too many troubled fund-raisers and things grind to a halt.

*hugs Punkn*

Hopefully next time things will work out much better!

Ugh.. I a got a verification word to end all everification words..

I think it says hkuzipqp...

Oh well, the next one was easier..

AliceKay said...

Sorry to hear your fundraiser didn't do as well as you hoped. Lots of hard work goes into those things. I hope your next one is more profitable for your church.

Sometimes I have to type in a couple of verification "words" before it accepts me. :\