Thursday, May 29, 2008

Kinda Googly


I got this and a few other cute clips in email today (which means so did everyone else, lol) - but this little guy looks just like I do these days. I seem to be meeting myself coming and going. I'm even beginning to understand my mom when she starts talking nonsense. I just nod my head and say, "yes, mom, I know what you mean!"
We have had rain, rain and more rain. The sun peeks out occasionally in between storms. The good news is that my stawberries look great and all the cherries on my cherry tree are turning pink. Now if I can just beat the birds to the ripe cherries, I'll be tempting everyone to cherry pie real soon.
Jim and I have been walking every morning. It is hard making myself get up an hour earlier, but I'll have to admit that I've felt better because of it. The killer hill we encounter has even started to not be such a killer hill. I found myself looking around as I walked up it this morning, rather than looking at the ground and counting... just a few more steps, just a few more steps...
Well, I'm going to join Jim on the porch now and sip on a gin and tonic before supper. I just wanted to take a minute to blog something, lol. Have a great TGIF!

5 comments:

LadyStyx said...

I got that pic a while back (along with several other awesome pix) and have it in my "when the perfect time comes post it" folder. Forgot who sent it my way...I sure hope I remembered to thank 'em.

Deanna said...

lol styxy... you will see the others in coming weeks. I thought they were funny.

Intense Guy said...

*Hugs*

Its good to hear from you - Hope things settle down a tad for you soon.

And congrats on the taming the "killer hill"!! You are definitely feeling the good the exercise is doing for you! :)

AliceKay said...

I haven't seen this one, but it sure is cute.

Cherry pie is my favorite. My mom used to bake me a cherry pie for my birthday instead of a birthday cake when I was in my teens. :)

I'm glad your walking is helping you feel better. I know I need to get out and start walking, too. What I really need to do is get away from this computer. It seems to have magnets that directs my fingers to it's keyboard tho. (like right now) LOL

ChicagoLady said...

I wish I could go walking. I wish I had hills to climb. I wish, I wish, I wish. Maybe I should just be happy with what I do have.