Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Halloween "Decorations?"

I was motivated by Iggy's Harvest Scene post to take some Halloween pictures of my own.


This is a tombstone decorated with spider webbing and other Halloween stuff Is this tacky? At first I thought so but then I thought, Ok, if this person loved Halloween, then decorating their grave is kinda cool. Certainly wouldn't be my cup of tea though, lol.


Fake tombstones with inscriptions like R.I.P Narry A. Kair, and I.B. Gott, and R.I.P. Har D. Harr, and Emma B. Goner

The same family does these headstones and the hay bale spider. They go all out every year. Usually their decorations are pretty tastefully done.



Big round hay bale laid on its side with spider legs on either side, huge black eyes on the end and the legs of a dummy sticking out of a hole in the bale that looks like a mouth
I think this one is kinda cute.

scraggly looking bushes with spider webbing thrown all over it

Would someone care to venture a guess as to what this mess is? They do this every year and then leave it up until it is time to replace it with some of the tackiest Christmas decorations imaginable.


BOO!

7 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

Is that a real person or a fake person inside the spider? I do like the hay bale spider, ingenious!

I'm not sure I love Halloween THAT much, but if the deceased loved it that much, why not? Who am I to judge?

I'm wondering if that "mess" is supposed to be the spider's lair or something? Where the spider is going to drag the "human" back for spinning?

Intense Guy said...

I was wondering the same thing about the legs sticking out of the spider's face - are they real or is it a dummy?

I love the fake tombstone epitaths like "Berry M Deep" - some of them are really "punny"!

Given how some folks decorate in these parts, I'm sure they have a Halloween clause of some sort in their wills... LOL ("I, being completely Halloweeen insane, set aside $10,000 in trust so my gravestone can be 'desecrated' every Halloween in pertuity")

I was thinking the mess was where Spiderman tested out his web-sprayers before going off swinging amongst the buildings....

Deanna said...

You're the punny one, Iggy. The legs are fake, but a darn good fake. It's a dummy, dummy. (That reminds me of Jim's dad many years ago. He had had several strokes and they were trying to determine the damage to his brain. The Dr. asked him what his name was. He replied, "Elmer. I ain't no dummy, dummy." OK, so I digress once again.
I wonder if they call the legalese in the wills a "weenie clause"...
I'd hat to see the size of the spiders in that lair Chicago. LOL "come on in my sweetie, so I can spin you"
I think I need more coffee, lmao.

Jess said...

Hmm.
I'm not big on ridiculous decor, but that spider is really nice.

AliceKay said...

LOL@the weenie clause.

LadyStyx said...

*shakes head and just moves along*

Toriz said...

I wish people made as much effort over here as they do in some other countries!