Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Memories in pictures...

I thought it would be nice to share a few pictures of my mom when she was in her 20's and when we were a young family.



Mom at age 24. I'm pretty sure this picture was taken at the Lake of the Ozarks.

This picture was taken in the late 1950's. Every year mom made us a new Easter outfit and we got new Easter bonnots. (I'm on the very end)


Mom made this dress for me. I was the miniature something (lol I can't remember the word) at my Aunt's coronation. She made one identical to it for my aunt. I cannot begin to imagine making one such dress, much less two!


A fun moment with mom. That is me learning to walk.


Mom and dad in 1947.
I LOVE YOU MOM!







8 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Those are such wonderful pictures Punkn. Your mother had a huge, beautiful smile. Those clothes and bonnets she made for you and yours must of taken considerable talent. She passed a good measure of that talent along to someone I know that does embroidery. :)

*Hugs*

AliceKay said...

Yes, they ARE wonderful pictures, and they're full of wonderful memories for you. (i knew which one was you by the eyes...they give you away)

Thanks for sharing your mom with us, Punkn. *hugs*

LadyStyx said...

What an awesome share and what beautiful memories to have!!

ChicagoLady said...

Love the pictures! Your mom sure looked like she loved her husband and children very much! Thank you for sharing them.

junyah said...

Great Pictures there Punkies , like Alice said i can tell you by the eyes, lol hugs . and love.. JR

Deanna said...

lol I guess the "eyes" have it! I had no idea...

Huggsss and thanks for the comments.

sexy41 said...

What beautiful pictures Punkn, thank you for sharing them. Your Mother was a beautiful woman. What a great family there. You were adorable looking.

Hugs

Lainie said...

Love the photos. Your Mom and Dad looked so happy. Lovely family too I might add and I also picked you out of that photo but I don't know if it was the eyes or the smile.