Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Color Me Stupid

I wrote the previous post about Calvin and Hobbes very quickly this morning right before I was leaving to take my dad to the St. Louis Airport. I hit publish and ran out the door. So I picked up dad and am heading down I70 and finally have time to think. And I think - what was I thinking! That wasn't Hobbes with Calvin! What is that little girl's name? I just know it wasn't the goofy tiger. I literally laughed out loud at myself and dad wanted to know what was so funny. Now how do you explain to a man who has no concept of the internet much less blog that I blogged a stupid. Now that just wasn't possible. So I made some nonsense up and slapped myself on the forehead.

The funniest part is that five comments have been left by five very dear people. And I'm pretty sure all five knew I had pulled a dummy and all five of you were too nice to point it out to me. What am I going to do with you all!!!!!!!

Does anybody know the name of the little girl???? I've never been a cartoon follower of any kind, just the occasional reading the Sunday comics, so I have no clue...

OK, I swear off of comic posts - I PROMISE!!!!!

12 comments:

Intense Guy said...

You are asking someone that can't spell Calvin?

:)

Susie Derkins is the girl...she was named after a pet Beagle of all things. I think the other "girl" in the strip was called Rosalyn, the much put upon babysitter.

LadyStyx said...

So...ummm...what color IS stupid?

As to what to do with us all....you'll just simply love us like ya always do ;) *HUGZ*

Wont answer the question 'cuz iggy got in here and answered it before I did.

No worries though...I seem to remember one other making a comics error a while back......

Toriz said...

*Shrugs* Everyone makes mistakes.

Deanna said...

LOL Iggy, I KNOW you are a Calvaholic. And I knew you would know everyone's name, you encyclopedia, you. I'd even forgotten there was a babysitter. I am going to buy myself a book of Calvin Comics to take along on the Cruise - that is what I'm going to do!
Oh Dear, Styxie, you would get technical on me. Lmao just what color is stupid? It must be mustard color cuz that is the color I had on when I rushed out of here yesterday. And you are so darn right, I just gotta love ya all.
Sooooo true, Tori. I think that is why I broke out laughing when I realized what I had done. If we aren't making mistakes, then we aren't doing anything. Right?

Karla said...

I haven't sen a calvin and hobbs in so long I forgot the tigers name was hobbs..CRS has definantly set in!

Akum said...

YEah it was Susie Derkins.. You can teach your dad how to blog... Its never too late to learn!

Unknown said...

I am stoppin by due to your comment on travelwriters blog...I found it to hitthe nail on the head..
just wanted to say hi

ChicagoLady said...

Since I'm known by some to point out every, little, minor, grammatical or spelling error (I'm trying to reform, really I am) I can honestly say, I didn't even notice that you had referred to Susie as Hobbes. I skimmed your narrative, since I read the cartoon. And yes, I believe the babysitter was named Rosalyn.

Deanna said...

Ah Travel I don't think he is interested in learning. I would if I could, I really would.
Welcome Georgie. I just had to click on your blog and talk about interesting! I didn't take time to leave a post, but I will. I fear, though, I will get lost among your many, many followers! Thank you for stopping in. Hope you come back often.
OMG Chicago you have never corrected me - I feel hurt. LOL I can't believe you didn't spot my big error. You must have been too busy counting paper clips hun ;)

The Wife O Riley said...

I spent an hour explaining to my father about Flexible Spending plan vs. the free money I got from Drugstore.com for spending real money. My head almost exploded.

Anonymous said...

I make posting oops and *mistrakes all the time... DOH...

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Lainie said...

Lainie colors Punkn a vivid shade of red, but you know what...I can't remember the last time I read a comic strip or book so I was completely in the dark. I do remember who Archie, Betty, Veronica and Jughead are though.