Saturday, January 10, 2009

Humbled


I began blogging a little over a year ago. It was kinda intimidating at first. I was like, who would want to read about my life or what I am thinking. It didn't take long to discover the world of blog is very liberating. It became a replacement of chat for me after a very good chat friend, Jopete, passed away. My chat heart seemed to die with him and the magic of chat was gone. It was replaced by the magic of blog. Some read the morning paper with their first cup of coffee each morning. I rush to the computer to read the blogs.

Originally I would read blogs of people I had chatted with over the years and they would read mine. It was really cool to get a glimpse into their everyday lives and to share mine. Little by little I have peeked into other blogs and am fascinated at the diversity of all my blog friends.

I have known Intenseguy through chat and blog for quite sometime. I admire him greatly. His blog is full of information, laughter, interesting pictures, silly pictures, deep thoughts, silly thoughts, and sometimes raw emotions. He holds nothing back. So to receive the Best Blog of 2008 Award from him is humbling. Thank you Iggy.

As I mentioned, I follow quite a few blogs. A young man stumbled into my blog recently and was kind enough to leave a comment. Of course I wandered over to his to check it out. What I found was a pretty cool dude. He loves heavy metal music but respects other's preferences and is addicted to traveling. He recently did a post about his softer side, admitting he loves Dolly Parton's music to the chagrin of his fellow band members. I think A.Kichu definitely deserves the award.

I've chatted with Ausgrl for quite sometime and loyally follow her blog. I never know what to expect when I go there. It may be weeks with no post and then boom there will be some deep thinking post or a cute story about her family. Check her out sometime. You might even catch a new post. You deserve the award Aus.


Two more blogs I never miss are Chicagolady and Ladystyx. Both of these ladies are sometimes wacky and blog about their life and what they think about things. You two made my 2008 and deserve the award.


4 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Congrats on the award, you are well deserving of it. Congrats to A.Kichu (I'll be peeking in your's in a minute), Aussy and Chicago for their wins too. Im honored to be named in such company, thank you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Punkn... A big woot woot goes out to you.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Toriz said...

Congrats to you, Punkn, and to all those who you passed it on to. :)

Intense Guy said...

Congrats to all the winners! :)