Sunday, January 11, 2009

Say Bird Feed!


I was sitting at my kitchen table, catching up on some paperwork and this little guy flew to the bird feeder and just sat there looking at me. I believe he is called a tufted titmouse (anyone? am I right?) Anyway, I didn't think much of it and kept on working. I looked up again and he was back, just cocking his head, looking at me. I said "Hi Lil' Buddy" but he didn't answer me back. Birds can be rude that way sometimes. So then I asked if it was OK for me to take his picture. (I learned from Iggy that you must always ask first). He nodded, so I grabbed my trusty little camera and snapped his picture. He posed quite nice for me, didn't he.

9 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Oh how cute!!

Yesterday, I left the house without my camera. I really didnt think it was necessary as we were just going around the corner. When I stepped out of our place, there in our yard was a squirrel...just looking at me as if to say "what? no camera?"...then he flicked his tail and left in a huff. *sigh* you never know with these critters if you have to ask or not nowadays!

Anonymous said...

Sweet little bird and so nice of him to come and visit you up close like that.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Toriz said...

How nice of him to let you take his picture. :)

There was a bird on our shed roof talking to me the other day. Kelly described it and I think it was a magpie or something simular. But it didn't want a photo. When we said about getting the camera the bird flew off. :(

ChicagoLady said...

It sure looks like a Tufted Titmouse, based on the big eyes and the coloring. I don't get cool birds like that here. I only get Juncos, Cardinals, Chickadees, Doves and lots of Sparrows. With the occasional Red-winged Blackbird in the summer.

The Wife O Riley said...

He looks just like the picture of Chicken Little.

AliceKay said...

Aww...so cute.

Lainie said...

How very sweet of him to pose. He seems to be going for the cover of American Audubon Weekly, I think.

Intense Guy said...

LOL - And how did you ask? Did you speak to him/her in Tufted Titmouseese?

And instead of cheese...do they say sunflower seeds? Gosh...being a titmouse backs that one a bit harder to answer huh?

sexy41 said...

That is a fantastic picture Punkn. So cute.