Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sleep writing

      

I have discovered that I am amazingly funny and witty in my sleep. 

My days have been full of “stuff”, leaving me without any time to blog.  Apparently I am having withdrawals because I blogged in my sleep all night last night.  Dream after dream of what I’d written would wake me up.  And now in the light of day, the stories are gone.  Poof!  That just isn’t fair!

 

The sun is shining here - and it has been for days now.  The skies were in a flame of red sunset as I left work yesterday.  Since there were a lot of buildings and trees around, I decided to drive to a more open area.  Big.Mistake.  By the time I had driven only a few blocks, my beautiful sunset had almost set.  I probably pissed a few fellow drivers off, because I was doing the old rubber necking thing, trying to figure out where I could safely pull over.  This is all I was able to capture of my beautiful vision.  Maybe He will give me another one tonight and I’ll be ready for it.  Or maybe not.  Maybe I was supposed to take the gift for what it was and keep it in my memory forever.  Probably so.

326

Jim has been taking advantage of the beautiful weather to get the outside jobs under control.  This morning he is  walking/hobbling like an old man.  These pictures will tell you the story of why.

1778

The photos don’t do the magnitude of the project justice. He spent two days blowing leaves off the drive and grass. 

1777

When I got home last night, he proudly took me outside to show me what he’d gotten done. 

1776

Years ago we discovered the value of keeping the leaves off the driveways.  Dad almost drove over a horse shoe stake because the leaves were so heavy on the drive that he couldn’t tell where to drive.

1773I thought Jim was going to have a heart attack when he saw more leaves had dropped in the few hours since he had gone inside.  Oak trees are like that.  They don’t fully let go of all of their brown, yucky, leaves until the Spring.

1774

He will probably spend another two days chipping them up.  He has also spent days crawling around on the roof, doing some repairs. 

1779

This is the first year that he used the leaf blower for the yard.  We usually rake them and haul them to a ravine. 

1775

Jim seems to think this is the easier way to go (leaf blower and chipper) and I’m not going to complain, because I didn’t have to do a thing!

Oh, he also moved Abe to the field with the little ladies.  According to Jim, Abe is a very, very happy Ram at the moment.

15 comments:

Toriz said...

Don't feel bad, I've done that. Problem is, when I'm fully awake I can't even remember most of the contents of those posts. And they got so many comments too! ;)

Sounds like Jim's been VERY busy. We wont be able to do much outside until Spring now... Not unless we fancy being knee deep in mud and soaked through within seconds. We might get the odd rain free day... Maybe even a few of them together... But the ground will only dry up properly now if we get a thick frost, and even then there's no guarantee. And if it does, then that stops us doing anything out there too. You can't win this time of year, so we don't even try.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful pic of the sunset, just gorgeous so glad you shared that with us. About your dreams, it is just so funny about what people can dream about I have had very quirky dreams and I wake up and Im like what the heck was that all about lol. I wish hubby would get us a leaf blower, and judging from your pics I would say you have a tad more leaves to worry about than I do..I still have a good share of them though :o(...happy leaf blowing you lucky woman lol...hugs

Nana said...

There was a time I kept a pad and paper next to my bed then when I was funny or witty I could just write down my thoughts. I found that I would wake up, read my wonderful thoughts and alas they made no sense at all! I don't do that any more.

The sunset was spectacular!!!!!!
I was too slow w/ the camera.

Holy leaves Batman!!

betty said...

Jim tackled a daunting task. Whew! I'd have just turned around and gone back inside. lol

junyah said...

I dont believe in rakeing leaves in the fall, i wait untill spring and do it ONCE..I did take the lawn trator and mow the lawn leaves and all, after all they are biodegradeable (( did i spell that right? )) lol They serve a purpuse, to insulat the trees and shrubbs and turn to loam in the end..HUgs

Funny in My Mind said...

I understand and have seen the old man hobble firsthand. My hubby has it. From the leaves, and the giant bagger on the Deere he has to pull and twist to get in in the leaf pile. He has been burning for days. And he says " my body isn't 20 anymore honey" and I had to say "nope, but it still looks like it is 20"
Brownie points!

AliceKay said...

I know what you mean about trying to get the perfect shot and then the shot is gone in a blink of an eye. Still an awesome sunset shot tho.

Looks like you have a lot of leaves there. (nice job, Jim) We don't have leaves by our place...just pine cones and needles. My parents have the tall maple trees down along the driveway and Dad got most of them cleaned up yesterday. He was using a leaf blower around their house when I left for work yesterday morning.

(i see chat text in my sleep)

LadyStyx said...

Clouds for me are like sunsets for you. A real pain when the camera aint ready (or handy) at that perfect moment.

Oh I soooo wanna jump in those piles of leaves.

PictureGirl said...

Beautiful sunset! I saw it too.

Anonymous said...

When we lived in town in Maryland we had to rake... and rake.... and rake... and, well, it was an every week-end event for over a month and way too much work for anyone over the age of 50. Now that we are in the country Hubby just mows over them with the riding mower and blows some up around the trees on the back two acres of the lawn. Soooo much easier and no more hobbly back from raking.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Anonymous said...

Wow that sunset is amazing.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Holy cow! That's a ton of leaves!!!!! I'd be hobbling too!

LOL about Abe!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

So next time this farm chick has bloggers block all I have to do is dream a little dream. Sleepbloggin' a new animal for sure.

Ya'll have a wonderful weekend filled with blessings and great posts!!!

Jan Holt said...

I'm sorry I've been out of touch lately but I'm so happy to see that you are well and busy. I've chased my share of sunsets too and this one looked worth it for sure. I can't believe how much work Jim accomplished with those leaves. KUDOS to him!

Take care and I'll be back soon for more,

Jan

Intense Guy said...

Ahh.. I remember the joys of living in (and under) the hundred acre woods... and the smell of burning leaves 24/7 for weeks... LOL! It was really only about 40 trees... but it still took my parents, and two brothers and I a very full and long day to clean up the leaves the big ol' oaks would drop on us each fall. I hope Jim enjoys this annual project nearly as much as ol' Abe is enjoying his...