Thursday, October 29, 2009

Everything is beautiful

I was on the road at 6:45 this morning to pick up Reagan and bring her to spend the day with me.  The sun poked through the clouds briefly yesterday, but today it is back to wet and dreary.

As I drove down beautiful 179 towards Prairie Home, I couldn’t help but think how pretty everything was.  The bluffs in the distance were white behind the now brown leaves of the trees.  The river to my right along the winding road was the bluest of blues.  Even the squirrels looked kind of cute as they played keep away with my car tires.

Then out of the blue, as I rounded a bend in the road, I caught the most beautiful colors through the corner of my eye.  A rainbow.  Bright yellows, blues, and greens.  And then it was like the entire sky was exploding with colors.  It was breathtaking.  Then the rain came.  What an experience.

Reagan is doing good and enjoying being with me and PaPa.  They gave her a steroid shot for the croup at the Dr’s.  She just needed a grandma and grandpa fix. 

When we got home, hubby was blowing leaves off the driveway so you people can see where to drive.  Yes, we have that many trees and that many leaves.  He stopped long enough to hold and hug Reagan for a bit and then headed back out to get rid of as many of the already wet leaves as he could. 

001

Reagan immediately pulled a chair to the window so she could watch Jim work. 

  

003

She loves her papa.

16 comments:

Intense Guy said...

:)

*hugs*

The Wife O Riley said...

That is so sweet that she pulled up that chair. What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

she is just so precious, I think every little kids loves their grandma and papa fix, I know I did when I was young..your description of what you saw today sounds very awesome and i wish I could have seen it punkn, HUGS

Anonymous said...

You sure do have a lot of leaves. Looks like our yard when we lived in Maryland. Could not stay ahead of the leaves on the lawn and it was an 'every week-end' task to clean up after them. Life in the country here in Virginia is much different. Just mow over them with the tractor and forget about them... YAY!

Cute pic of Reagan looking out the window.

Di

Leah said...

So precious. It must melt your heart to have your granddaughter love your husband (her pawpa pawpa) so much.

Sherri Murphy said...

If that's not one of the most precious photos of her watching him work, I don't know what is! I love it!

And...for the record, squirrels are NOT cute- they are the devil!

AliceKay said...

Aww...such a sweet little girl. :)

I'm happy to hear you saw such a beautiful rainbow today. :)

betty said...

She's a cutie.

PictureGirl said...

OMG! That profile is adorable!
Sometimes the best fix for a little one IS their GM and GP.
Sometimes they are the best fix for their GP's and GM's too.

Karla said...

What a beautiful uplifting post..as usual. Thank you Deanna.

Toriz said...

Nothing better to make you feel better than some quality time with your favourite people. :)


Great post!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ahhhh! So sweet!

LadyStyx said...

I hear ya kiddo! Never knew my grandpa, but I was a gramma's girl.

Corinne Rodrigues said...

Beautiful.....and what lovely photographs too!
C

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

These little Ozark Princesses truly adore their Grandpaws don't they? It look as if we have much in common. Same age, close location, Hubby and I will have been married 37 years in Jan. You have 10 grannies and I have 8. Hummmmmm....Ozark sister?

I just wanted to thanks ya'll for poppin' in and leaving a sweet comment. As Granny Clampett would say,"ya'll come back now, ya hear!"

Have a lovely fall day, I'm cleaning out my acre of flower beds and enjoying this blessed sunshing!!!

Anonymous said...

That last picture is so precious!