Friday, October 9, 2009

Gloomy Doomy Fall

It has been raining here for several days now. You know, the kind of rain that chills you to the bone. There is a ton of stuff I could blog about but I don't really feel like it. I'm blaming it on the weather.

Fall is my favorite time of the year. So come on mother nature, dry up some of this rain and give me my lovable, hugable Fall!

We are heading to our friends' cabin on the Lake of the Ozark this evening. I'm so looking forward to supper tonight. We are fixing crab legs, baked potato, and salad. I usually bake a cherry pie for dessert but we are always too stuffed to eat it, so this time I'm blogging instead of baking. (lucky you huh, lol) We will have a simple breakfast of sausage links, scrambled eggs, and muffins tomorrow morning and then spend the day on the lake.

The Lake should be very peaceful and quiet. Hopefully the sun will peek out tomorrow and warm things up a bit so we can bundle up and take a boat ride. The guys will probably fish. This little lady used to love to fish but somewhere along the line I got away from it. The fact that I won't touch the worms may have something to do with it. I have no problem taking the fish off the line, but sticking that sharp hook into the squishy worms.... ewwwwwwwwwww.

Time to get busy here. Have a great weekend all.

11 comments:

jewelzmomof4 said...

Well mom I am definatly your daughter. I absolutly LOVE fall weather.....not to hot and not to cold. I am however VERY sick of the rain also. I hope you all have a wonderful fun filled weekend with your friends I will be in a tree stand all weekend or at least till I get my deer. I hope the weather clears up nicely for you and me both. Love you lots have FUN!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't touch worms either, and fish smell pretty bad so fishing never captured my interest.

Hope the sun shines for you!

DI

AliceKay said...

I hope the weather straightens up so you can enjoy your weekend at the lake. Have a great time. (i love cherry pie...ty) *hugs*

Intense Guy said...

Enjoy your friends and the shared food and laughs!!!

junyah said...

Havea fun time there, fall is the one time of year i like the best, couse spring brings the green grass and the leaves we get to rake now.Here we have the dammed PINE NEEDLES. I hate em.We got away from them in the park cause i cut every pine tree with-in strikeing range of the house.I do love the leaves, they serve a purpose. They insulat and then turn to loam. ( Cherry Pie huh )..lol

Karla said...

well now...thought you were a country girl..I use to have to dig night crawlers for my dad when I was just a tadpole! And I still to this day love to fish (I refuse however to take a catfish off the line) Use crickets if you don't like worms.

I love Spring. Everything is coming back to life instead of dying. Although the leaves do make gorgeous colors in the fall..cept here..we have mesquite..LOL
Have fun! and stay dry..

LadyStyx said...

Have a good trip to the lake. Hope the weather cooperates for ya!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I hope you have a terrific time on the lake and that the weather turns for you!!!!! Rain makes me so tired and lazy!!!

And you may bake and send me a cherry pie anytime you'd like. Just saying!!!

MarmiteToasty said...

Im with ya on the worm thing..... its when ya trying to stick the hook in it and it stares at ya with its little pleading eye LOL

x

Anonymous said...

Im sooooo hungry now Punkn, hehehe, that some good sounding food right there. Hope you had fun!!

Toriz said...

I stopped fishing by the time I was about 10. I had issues with the whole thing. I remember the last time we went fishing. Those fish were meant to be our dinner... We ended up going to the chippy, because I wouldn't eat the fish.