Wednesday, October 14, 2009

They’re in cahoots

Several weeks ago I received a mysterious package in the mail.  A square box with MY name on it – and a return address I clearly recognized because I’ve received things from and sent things to this person before.  But I wasn’t expecting anything.  Actually I owe this person a parcel – but I won’t go into that.  The package came from Fuzzy  errr I mean Intenseguy.

I open it to find this note:

Hi Deanna!

I’m just forwarding this box along from LadyStyx to YOU.

I did look at the contents – and oh! You’re going to love these guys and/or gals – I can only tell with real sheep. :)  Like ol’ stink eyed Abe.

I see she included a very rare and very special OCHA bird.  I bet you remember that song…

OCHA bird, up high in banana tree, OCHA bird, you sit all along like me.

Did your lady friend leave the nest again?  That is very sad, makes me feel so bad.  You can fly away, in the sky away.  You’re more lucky than me.

I also had a pretty girl; she’s  not with me today.

They’re all the same those pretty girls. Take tenderness, then they fly away.  OCHA Bird, OCHA bird.

Did your lady friend leave the nest again?  That is very sad, makes me feel so bad.  You can fly away, in the sky away.  You’re  more lucky than me.

Wish that I were an OCHA bird, I’d fly away with you.  But I am not an OCHA bird, So here I sit.  Nothing I can do.  OCHA bird, OCHA bird.

Hugs, Iggy.

005

Do you see my OCHA birds?  Sure you do.  They are nestling together in my plant – right next to the two love bird figurines – the ones I’ve had since our first anniversary.  Aren’t they cute?  They just fit there, don’t you think?  You can’t see them very well?

  

007

How about now?  They are sassy!  And cute.  And they make me smile! 

003

And what was that about ol’ stink eye Abe?  I have a bit of a collection of stink eye sheep.  And let me tell you, these little guys fit right in.  Oh, I know, they are hard to see.  That’s cuz they are so cute and blend right in with my collection.

004

Is this better?  The black sheep of the family didn’t show up very good, but Little Bo Peep’s sheep is sticking her tongue out at me (yes, Iggy, I can tell the difference lol).

And you Styxie!  You, my dear talented lady, are something else, surprising me like this.  Thank you so much for this special gift and for being my friend.

10 comments:

Karla said...

well of course they are :-)
I've always said styxie was one of the most talented ladies I know and this proves it :-) I hang my christmas ornaments on the tree every year and people ohhh and awww over them all the time

Enjoy!

LadyStyx said...

Yes, we're in cahoots.

If I had been thinking, I would have put a white stripe around the neck of the orange one and made it official.

So glad you were able to give them a nice home.

I don't think I'm talented, so I'll just take your word for it.

AliceKay said...

Very nice gifts. They fit quite nicely into your collections.

Intense Guy said...

LadyStyx is talented. :)

I just put a mailing label on the box to forward it along.

I love how your "new additions" fit in with your collection...I think the birds and the sheep have found a wonderful home.

Anonymous said...

Oh punkn, how wonderful to receive such a gift, it is all so beautiful and does fit in with your things very well.(I agree ladystyx is a very talented lady) and I loved the lil song, I have never heard that before HUGS

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! That's awesome! I love Igs and Styx! Those two!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your prayers.

Leah said...

It's always so fun to get packages in the mail, especially when we aren't expecting them. What a wonderful surprise. :-D

Intense Guy said...

P.s., Sing the OCHA bird song to the tune of "Yellow Bird" by Chris Isaak.

:)

Queenie Jeannie said...

What cuties!!! She IS very talented and too humble to admit it!! I'm so glad you got a lovely package!