Monday, October 26, 2009

Our weekend in pictures

Fall decorations at my house

Fall decorations, wilting in rain. Not as many as usual since we haven’t had time to find pumpkins and straw. This will just have to do.

A hosta turning yellow

A beautiful, proud Hosta, giving us her last show of beauty for this year. But she will come back next year – she always does.

The boys heading for a walk in the woods

The sun finally peeped through the trees on a cool Saturday afternoon in time for a walk in the woods.

Travis and Dakota drawing (and not fighting for a change)

Dakota and Travis working side by side, drawing without picking at each other for a change. What a treat! Never mind the fact that I had to take soft scrub to the table to remove the markers after they went home.

Austin playing Wii sports

Austin playing Wii Tennis (and baseball, and bowling, and boxing… he’s a Wii nut) by himself.

Corn crib, old grain silo and pumpkin patch

A rainy Sunday drive, with Greg and his family, looking for land with a view. A spot where we can build a cabin and be closer to where our kids live.

Sign to cemetery

We found an old cemetery at the top of an almost dirt path.

024It had an “oh my!” view. That’s Greg and Reagan. It stopped raining long enough for us to slog around through the wet grass for a bit.

030

Look at this majestic cedar tree!

Alan standing next to an outhouse

Can anybody guess what that little building is that Allen is standing in front of? A little hint is that it has two places to sit in it. And this cemetery is quite a distance from anywhere else…

Alan & Reagan by a headstone

Reagan and Allen checking things out.

037

Look at this headstone. Nowhere could I find the woman’s name. I guess it’s possible it was above the word Wife but I certainly couldn’t see it. Her age: 63 years, 2 months, 22 days. What – no hours?

039

We didn’t find that perfect piece of land with the perfect view, and we probably never will – at least not one that we can afford! But it is fun looking.

18 comments:

Leah said...

Wow. I love that picture of the tree! Such a vibrant orange/red. Looks like a fun weekend. :-D We had similar weather to what you were having. Kind of a bummer as I have a ton of leaves to be raking except right now they are wet. Ergh.

jewelzmomof4 said...

Well looks like you had a fun filled weekend despite the nasty weather. Sorry about the table LOL I would have scrubbed it before we left if you had told me lol. I love the pictures that you took on Sunday with greg you all found some really neat places. As far as the place with the perfect view I don't think you will ever find it because you already have it in the wonderful house with all the wonderful memories. That is just my opinion though lol. Love you lots.

Anonymous said...

Well, how cute are those corn stalk people! Fall is so much fun. Wish it would stick around longer though.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Funny in My Mind said...

Gorgeous here isn't it, despite the soggy fall so far. I adore old cemeteries and I am not so afraid of the dead. The living scare me though!

Sherri Murphy said...

Nothing more beautiful than gorgeous Fall Foilage. God is good.

AliceKay said...

Would you believe I took a picture of an outhouse yesterday, too? LOL

Great pics. Loved seeing all of them...the scenery and your family. Lots of love there.

I cut my hosta back a week ago Sunday while working in the yard. The hard freeze that came that night would have turned it to mush anyway.

Thanks for sharing your pics. :)

PictureGirl said...

You take such beautiful pictures and that you always include what's going on with you and your family makes them extra special. Thanks for sharing.

Intense Guy said...

What a truely beuatiful orange tree!

:) Austin found a two-holer huh? LMAO... I hope he didn't fall in - he doesn't appear to have much backside "plug".

I suspect the house with the perfect view will be one with your pictures on the walls... with the kids, grandkids, and other lovely views.

Karla said...

beautiful stand of trees dying away for the winter. I think that's one reason I don't like fall..everything looks dead within a few short weeks. I love spring..all the blooms and smells of life.

junyah said...

I love the fall, ive got to take the camera for a ride and show what i can find around here.Theres a road not far from me thats where the realestate guy that sold us this palces lives,its right on a hill and the veiw is something to see.If the suns out tommrow i'll try to get up there. I like what Jewelzmonof4 says , the perfect place for you is where you live now.. ya Ole Buddy JR

LadyStyx said...

What lovely photos. I like how you added some flavor by turning a few of them.

Anonymous said...

absolutely gorgeous pictures punkn, your lil grandson looked so cute playing Wii..Im thinking of getting one of those but havent really decided if I would play it enough. That was an interesting pic of the corn in that cage thingy, here they just gather it all up with the combines?(not sure on spelling) and then just dump the corn in back of big trucks. Im glad the sun shined for you for a lil bit though..HUGS

AliceKay said...

Lynn...that's ear corn being stored in a corn crib. The farmer must own a grinder and grinds his feed right there on his farm. Just add some soybean meal and minerals and you have feed. I'm just speculating because I don't know for sure, but I'm in the feed business and farmers usually try to store as much corn on their farm as they can. And yeah, you spelled combines right. :)

(sorry if i overstepped here, Deanna. if i did, bop me the next time you see me) *hugs*

Deanna said...

I love all the comments everyone.

LOL Julie, I didn't notice the marker on the table until Sunday morning, otherwise I would have had the boys clean it up. It came up easy enough, so no big deal.

AK I'm glad you had the answer to Chattas' question, because I really didn't know. We don't see corn in cribs like that very often.

And yes, I know we already have the perfect spot right where we are. We are actually looking to the future when we know this place will be too much for us to handle. We'll probably never move from here until someone forces us to... we love it too much!

Toriz said...

I'm sure the peaceful time with the kids was worth the effort of scrubbing the table. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow thanks Alicekay for the info because I sure didnt know that, I have never seen them around here.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the orange foliage!

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. Last weekend I saw this site:
[url=http://www.rivalspot.com]Rivalspot.com - Wii tournaments for money[/url]
They say you can play online Madden game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?