Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day

Today, October 15th, is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.  I didn’t know that until I read Yaya's Blog.

She asked that we light a candle for one hour at 7:00 pm.  The very request choked me up.  I cannot begin to imagine the sadness, agony, and loss of losing a baby.  I can only care and pray.

It is 7:00 pm and my candle is lit and I am going to log off and say a prayer for all the Yaya’s of the world and for their precious little ones.

Peace.

   007

4 comments:

AliceKay said...

Nice post. I didn't know today had a special meaning. My best friend from my teen years (and a little later on) had two miscarriages when she was younger. I didn't know that until she confided in me a few years ago and told me about them. It was hard for her to tell me...it was hard for me to hear her voice quiver....still.

I'm a bit late, but I just lit a candle, and I'll say a prayer.

Intense Guy said...

*Hugs*

This is just one of the reasons I luv yas Punkn.

I too lit some candles. I just sat in the darkened room with them flickering and pondered some -

The pain of those that want children so badly...and the horror of those that don't want the ones that came so easily and the some that leave newborn babies in trash dumpsters.

I just can't get my head wrapped around it all and make sense of it - nor fathom the why of it.

So I pondered some more. The only thread of thought I pulled from the chaos was this - the pain is so very real for those that want and can't (at least for the moment) and taking a moment of time to share prayer and thoughts with them is something I had to do.

It is to *these* hopeful parents - the loving ones - the ones that won't take having off-spring for granted in this crazy world of ours - that any baby, in the long line of souls waiting to be born are hoping to meet when their number is called - for they know they will be loved, adored, and cherished as they ought to be.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that either, and sadly no candle was lit but I will definitely remember.

LadyStyx said...

I lit my triple wick :)