Friday, December 11, 2009

Letting it all hang out

I never claimed to be neat.

I never claimed to be tidy.

And I never claimed to be a neat and tidy cook!

Actually, I am a very, very messy cook.  Always have been, always will be.

We are hosting a Christmas Open House with some friends tomorrow night.  Thank GOODNES the open house is not at MY house!  It is a mess.  Not just the kitchen.  The whole house is a mess.  But that will change – it always does.  By nature I am actually a very tidy person.  But when there is a lot going on, I let things slide, knowing we will bring it all back around sooner, rather than later.

I’m not so sure about this kitchen, though.  See for yourself.

messy kitchen

You don’t think that is too bad?  How about this?

messy kitchen2

You see a bottle of rum you say?  Why yes you do! 

Some of the recipes I am making are Spinach Phylo Rollups, Crab Rangoon, Bacon Wrapped Chestnuts, Bacon Bundles, Bourbon Weiners, a Vegetable Tray with Anchovy Dip,  Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms, Smoked Turkey Canapes, and some sort of candy – can’t remember the name.

Dang!  I’m ready for some of that rum!

Party pictures to follow.  Maybe.

13 comments:

Intense Guy said...

After making Spinach Phylo Rollups, Crab Rangoon, Bacon Wrapped Chestnuts, Bacon Bundles, Bourbon Weiners, a Vegetable Tray with Anchovy Dip, Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms, Smoked Turkey Canapes, and some sort of candy I would think your kitchen would be REALLY messy!

Goodness.. all that stuff sounds so yummy!

Betty said...

That looks like a very busy kitchen.

Funny in My Mind said...

That meat looks like the half rabbit I found today that the dog ate part of.....
Yea to the rum!
My kitchen looked like that for 3 days before and 2 days after Thanksgiving!
Have a beautiful and hopefully 40 degree (sad that 40 sounds warm)
Thanks for the hair compliment!
I plan to have fun in NY too!

Toriz said...

What matters is that you enjoy the cooking, enjoy the party, and clean the mess up later! ;)


You should see the mess in the kitchen after my Mam's been cooking... Actually, maybe you shouldn't! ;)

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo hungry now Punkn!! I hope you have fun at your party. You look like a busy busy bee, this time of year my house definately looks out of whack just from Christmas boxes and paper and all the good stuff to go with it until I can get everything like I want it.

AliceKay said...

It doesn't matter how messy of a cook you are or how messy your kitchen looks when you're in the process of making or baking...what matters is how wonderful everything you cook tastes when it's done. It sounds very tasty to me. :)

Have a great time at the open house. *hugs*

Queenie Jeannie said...

DROOOOOOLING!!!!

You are so mean, lol! You have a very pretty kitchen hun and I'm jealous. Messy is easily fixed!

I'm so hungry now....

Karla said...

well honestly Deanna..no your kitchen was NOT a mess..you should see mine! It's always "messy" when your cooking hon!

LadyStyx said...

Messy kitchen= happy chef(s)

junyah said...

Home made goodies . called what else. Deanna's Delights.. lol Thats not a messy kitchen,its a lived in kitchen..anybody that has a house where the dishes are always done and put away is what we used to call nasty Neat. Hugs to you.. Jr

MarmiteToasty said...

see, if the kitchen gets to messy, ya just get a bin bag and shove everything in there and go out and buy new LOL

x

Anonymous said...

[url=http://vonmertoes.net/][img]http://hopresovees.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]adobe photoshop cs3 information, [url=http://hopresovees.net/]software at a discount[/url]
[url=http://vonmertoes.net/][/url] free nero 7 cheap oem software
office 2003 software [url=http://bariossetos.net/]discount software final[/url] bellevue washington filemaker pro help'
[url=http://hopresovees.net/]what is quarkxpress passport[/url] software and canada
[url=http://vonmertoes.net/]how to buy software[/url] academic discounts software
coreldraw 11 [url=http://vonmertoes.net/]software shop of america[/b]

Anonymous said...

I should take pictures of my house right now and pretend this is how we keep it all the time! We had to totally clean and declutter for showings to sell our house. It was such a pain!