Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas from my house to yours

011

Come on in!

010

 

Or ring the door bell, if you are uncomfortable just barging in.

Hubby found this door bell in a junk yard when he was in grade school.  Now, by anybody’s standards, that was a l  o  n  g…. time ago!  We love the thringgg  sound it makes when someone comes to visit.  We don’t hear it nearly often enough, though.  Most feel comfortable just barging in. 

004

Santa watched over the whole lot of us while we baked our hearts out last Sunday.

Anna, James, Allen

Sugar cookies are serious business.

Reagan

  Where did this little elf come from?  Hi Reagan!

351

The guys were in charge of quality control.

James licking fingers

We fired them.  Is that good James?

005

The tree lights shone on – but we were too busy to notice.

Allen

We were busy showing off our dimples.

Anna Rose

We were busy competing to see who has the deepest dimples.

Cara Marie

We were busy rolling molasses cookies in sugar… and joining in the dimples competition.

Emily and Reagan

We were busy horsing around.  Are those more dimples I see?

367

Decorating sugar cookies was very serious business.  They had to let Cara ice ten cookies before they could attack with sprinkles. 

 006          

We bought ourselves a Shepherd this year.  Isn’t he beautiful?  I received the crystal candle holders as a gift today.  Will have to buy candles tomorrow.

007

Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus.

015

I hope you enjoyed a bit of Christmas with me. 

And I hope you take a moment to say thanks for all that you have.  I am thankful for my family, my health, my friends.  I am thankful for all of you.

We are celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ – Baby Jesus.  That is what Christmas is all about.  Merry Christmas to all – and to all a good night.

12 comments:

AliceKay said...

Loved this post. Loved the pics. I wanted to post something similar to this in my blog (of my place with the lights outside and the tree inside) but I haven't had the time.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Thank you for sharing a little of your Christmas with us. *hugs*

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm with Alice Kay - fantastic post!! The pictures were amazing and your house was full of holiday cheer!

Next year I'm going to have to break down and let my family make a mess (GULP!!) in my kitchen, while making holiday cookies!!!

junyah said...

It took me back home. Thanks Punkn, Merry Christmas from our house to your's and your family.. HUgs JR

junyah said...

Ever give any thought to opening your own Cookie brand and store.Think about it, you got plenty of help.lol but they mite eat up a lot of the porfit..Im glad you have such a great family and a Merry Christmas at Punkn's Place..cookies made with love in em..

Queenie Jeannie said...

I hope you all had a terrific day! I know we did and I'm exhausted, lol!!

Funny in My Mind said...

I would love to ring your doorbell! Maybe in the new year we can meet.
Merry Christmas!

Toriz said...

Hope the rest of your Christmas celebrations were as fun as that day sounds! :)

I don't feel comfortable just walking in to any place... Except my own home... So I think I'll use the doorbell, if you don't mind. :)

Anonymous said...

Aw, fun!

Love the bell!!!!!

Karla said...

How beautiful your home is! So much fun and love. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas..I know you did with your wonderful family.

Lainie said...

Super gorgeous post. Next year I am having a cookie making party here and everyone is invited!
Merry Christmas to you and all of your dimpled family!

Intense Guy said...

I love all the dimpled cookie monsters!!

:)

...and what a beautiful tree! I hope you had a marvelous Christmas day.

Anonymous said...

Now that looked like lots of fun with those cookies, they look so yummy. And the smiles are just wonderful, you have a beautiful family!!