Thursday, December 31, 2009

Looking forward

Happy New Year's everyone.


I thought about writing a post reflecting over the past year, but I really don't want to reflect back. I desperately need to look forward. I'm looking forward to a wonderful 2010. A year of healing. A year of caring about those who are in my life. I am looking forward to slowing down a bit and enjoying what I already have. I am looking forward to quit chasing after things I don't need and sharing with others what I already have - whether it be material things or physical needs, or maybe emotional sharing. I have a lot and I always feel good when I share. Always.

So how about you, what are you looking forward to?

Oh, by the way we have been invited to a Toga Party tonight. A toga party of all things! Don't they know we are closer (much closer) to 60 than 50? Don't they know Toga Parties are for college kids? Don't they know we are going to be the oldest ones there? Don't they know that we are going to dress as redneck toga partiers?

Oh yea, we are going as rednecks. They are definitely going to be sorry they invited these old fogies. Stay tuned...

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you fall asleep at the party, at least you already have a sheet over you.

Anonymous said...

Toga! Toga! Toga!

Funny in My Mind said...

how fun! I cannot wait to see your costumes!

Leah said...

Good for you for lookin forward. There are always so many things to look forward to. :-D

And I fully expect toga pictures from your party. :-D

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Lainie said...

Sounds like a fun party. Be sure to wear something under the toga, just in case you get tipsy and lose your sheet.
I am thinking redneck toga costume must be plaid flannel sheets??

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ohhhhh! I can't wait to see!!!!

I too am looking forward to 2010!! Let's make if FABULOUS, shall we? Love you!!!!

Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have fun at your party, take pics cause I wanna see that lol For the New Year I am looking forward to just taking care of myself better than I have been :o)

AliceKay said...

Wow, a toga party. I hope you both have a lot of fun. Can't wait to see some pics of the event. :)

I hope the new year brings you the healing you need and the love and happiness your family brings to you each and every day. I want to look forward...to my grandson's first steps...to happier, less stressful days...and to friends who are there for me no matter what...but it's been a struggle.

Happy New Year, Deanna. Thanks for being my friend. *hugs*

Toriz said...

Happy new year!

I'm looking forward to moving on... Moving on, and having a whole new year that will - I hope - be better than recent ones havve been!

Toriz said...

Oh, and... Hope you enjoyed the party!

LadyStyx said...

Im with BRB, gotta be in flannel togas....plaid print, naturally.

ChicagoLady said...

Happy New Year, Punkn!

I'm looking forward to all my friends having a better 2010 than 2009, that they all have better health, less sadness, more time to spend with family, and dreams that finally come true.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Toga pics??? Pretty please??

Intense Guy said...

Happy New Year!!!

LOL@Yaya...

SpongeBob SquarePant unniewear goes great with togas!