Saturday, January 2, 2010

Talk about togas!

New Years Eve was an evening of fun with some old friends and some new friends. Here are a few pictures to prove it.

Our original plan was to go totally red-neck to attend the New Years Eve toga party. Many of you suggested plaid flannel and that was definitely in the plan. Camo was also in the plan. Has anybody tried to find plaid flannel lately or priced camo material? Holy moly! I even went to Good Will thinking I could find castaways. It wasn’t meant to be.

No problem. Plan B was put into action. What was plan B you ask? Plan B was we have no plan. So this is what you get when you have no plan.

004

Jim decided he’d be a Funeral Director since he hangs around funeral homes for a living. He is sizing me up for a casket in this picture. Nice guy, huh. I think I am a misguided floozie. You can’t tell in the pictures, but my hair is in a combination of pig tails and a side pony tail. All of the plastic stuff I added covers that part up. That’s probably a good thing. I needed a scraper to remove the make up I had plastered on my face. I thought the mismatched socks, spandex, and rubber shoes was a nice touch.

If you didn’t know better, you’d think we had Halloween and toga party mixed up.

001

Now here is a class act. I want a zebra robe like Patti’s. It took a bit of doing for Gerard to get those beer cans tied around his head “just so”. His toga covers the rear flap on his red thermal undies. That is probably a good thing.

006

Here we are at the party.

008

The host and hostess. Kim is elegant and Drew… well let’s just say the table cloth on their table was made out of the same material as his toga… Or was it the other way around… I thought the sexy pair of socks was a nice touch.

011Don’t ask what these two are grinning about, because I don’t know (and I don’t WANT to know!)

015

The big question of the night was “what does Jim have on under his toga”. I’m not sure, but I don’t think anyone ever found out for sure. I was afraid to ask, myself.

017

Yes, we were all very classy on New Year’s Eve, wouldn’t you say?

So there you have it. Toga 101 or What Not To Wear To A Toga Party!

14 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

LMAO, what great jobs everyone did on being totally unique with their togas. Looks like everyone had a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Cowboy toga?? Love it. What a fun way to celebrate and it looks like all were having the time of their life.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Toriz said...

What a fun way to celebrate!

Jan Holt said...

That was absolutely PRICELESS! Thanks for sharing the silliness with us. LOVED your outfit btw!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Wow sure looks like all of you had fun, Im so glad..I loved the pic of you two with your big smiles on your faces, hugsss

AliceKay said...

LOL Great pics. Looks like a lot of fun was had by all. I liked the work boots Gerard is wearing...and the cowboy boots the other fella was wearing (along with the cowboy hat)...and the other classy things you were all wearing. Drew looks cold tho. LOL

Intense Guy said...

Oh my! :) You look marvelous! Simply marvelous!

Hmm... tableclothes double for togas... gotta write me a note just in case I ever get invited to a toga party. I'll need a size XXL table. :)

Karla said...

Sure looks like you all had wonderful fun! Happy new Year

Queenie Jeannie said...

Now that looks like a party we all missed out on, lol!! FUN!!! So glad you had something fun to do to ring in the new year!!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Those cowboy boots are just priceless! A toga party, what a fun idea!

Have a great day and God bless ya'll!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Thank you for the birthday love!!

Janet said...

These pictures are great! Looks like you guys had a blast!

LadyStyx said...

Oh my! Im not certain I'd wanna know what was under his toga either.

.oO(we all know how iggy would show up... OCHA/Spongebob print with squirrel fur trim!)

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I SPY a timber frame home. We live in Cole county, what county are you in?
Patti