Friday, January 8, 2010

TGIF

This started out as a short post, that turned into a long tangent of a post, and is now back to a short post.

I’ve been real bitchy lately.  I blame it on cabin fever.  I can’t tell whether it is snowing again or if it is just blowing off the trees.  One thing I know for sure is that I’m tired of being cold.  Enough said.

I’ve seen so many wonderful crafts in the blogs I follow.  Although, I’m not nearly as talented as many of you, I thought I’d share a few of my own creations.  When I’m not mass embroidering logos on shirts and hats, I sometimes play around with fun things. 

066

I make these bibs out of chenille fabric, with coordinating fabrics for the backing and the appliqué. 

067

Normally I wouldn’t make so many, but our Country Store booth at our church fall festival was in need of baby items.

062

     I thought these little tad poles were kind of cute.  Well, I call them tad poles.  Any thoughts on what it is.  I’m actually not too sure. 

063

I made a few bib/burp cloth sets.  Those sold fairly quickly.  Quite a few people have asked what I would charge to  make one for them.  I’ve decided I will only make them for charity or to give as gifts from me.  They are rather time consuming and I couldn’t charge enough to recover my time and it isn’t about money anyway.  It makes me feel much better to give them away.  Our church often collects gifts to give to mothers who choose to keep, rather than abort, their child.  These precious souls deserve a pretty little bib.

064

Not to disappoint – of course I embroidered sheep.  Jim would have disowned me if I didn’t!

16 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Cute.....Cute....Cute!!

Enjoy and stay warm....LindaMay

Leah said...

Those are wonderful! They look so professional. Wow! And I hear you about sick of the cold. I am too! I fear I've been a bit on the crabby side myself.

Intense Guy said...

I don't know what the tad pole is... except is way cute!

There are a lot of very talented crafty folks in the blogosphere - I never cease to be amazed by what I see when I meander through some new to me blogs... such talent and creativity! And you are one of them!

I think this cold weather has put an edge on a lot of people - the chill in the arm forearm hairs is irritating (I need to put a sweater on!)

Huge hugs - the people that got your baby items at the festival were lucky!

Karla said...

I wish I was creative and artistic..but..I'm not :-(
These were really nice! Maybe you should sell them on ebay!

Toriz said...

Hope it starts to warm up a bit for you soon. *Hugs*

I bet you do a fantastic job on those bibs, and anyone who gets one is lucky! :)

Funny in My Mind said...

Those are the cutest! Wish I had those when mine were little.
I was wondering myself if it had ever stopped snowing since the wind is biting cold.
The high is 10 today, how about you?
We have a warm fire and hot chocolate, come on over!

Anonymous said...

Thats a tadpole or a really lil fat frog LOL..OMG girl, never say you are not as talented as anyone else because those bibs are to die for they are absolutley gorgeous and the fact that you give them away for good causes instead of letting people pay for them just speaks volumes on how wonderful a person you are lady, HUGS to you!!!! I Love them, you are definitely TALENTED!!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh girl, those are just precious!

I just wanted to thank ya'll for hoppin' on my blog. I sure hope you enjoy the ride.

You have a great day and may God bless it!!!

AliceKay said...

Wow...those are really cute. I love them. :) Making them for your church's fall festival is such a great idea. I can understand about not selling them to others, tho. Some things take a great deal of time to create, and no real price can be put on them or the thought behind them.

By the way, I'm sure the women who receive your bibs for their babies think they're very special...and they are...just like you.

(i'm ready for spring)

Betty said...

Cute bibs! Crafting is a talent I don't have. I admire anyone who has the patience for it.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Those are simply beyond gorgeous!!!! You are soooo talented, and you don't give yourself nearly enough credit! Lovely!

You have every reason to be sick of the cold. *Hugs* to warm you up a bit!!

Jan Holt said...

These are so PRECIOUS! You have many talents and you are indeed a CRAFTY gal. (in the best possible way!)

Hugs!

ChicagoLady said...

I don't know why you think you aren't talented, they are all soooo adorable! I wish I had 1/100th of your talent.

Anonymous said...

O.M.G.
When I am blessed with a baby I am SO buying these from you with ORANGE and an embroidered PENGUIN! Love it!

Rita said...

Maybe it is a fat round toad? :)

These are so cute! Made with love. The little people who get them are lucky, indeed. They are charming! :)

LadyStyx said...

The flower one with the circle print back is beautiful!