Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Stop the presses!

Cara Marie – the heart throb of Jamestown, turns ten!!!!!

006

She is beautiful – inside and out.

003

She is a diva. She really is….

008

She is precocious – not a care in the world!

Oh wait, this is Reagan. She is precocious too.

018

But Cara defines precocious. She thinks it… she says it. And she says it with such a big sincere smile that nobody in their right mind would ever take offense. I hope she never changes,

Now it is story time.

When Cara was younger, 3 or so, she was shopping with her mom, Tessa. The checkout lady happened to have an abundance of warts on her face. Cara (in her nice and loud sweet little voice, asked what was wrong with that lady.) Tessa explained to her, after they quickly left the store, that everyone is different and that it was not polite to talk about people like that. Weeks later they go to the same store. And the same lady is at the check out. Tessa was nervous… Cara was smiling… Tessa was more nervous… Cara said in her nice and loud quiet little girl voice, “Don’t worry mom, I’m not going to say anything about her face”. I’m not sure, but I think it took a year or so before Tessa returned to that store.

019

Any guesses on who actually blew these candles out? Anybody? I was hoping you could tell, because I don’t know. That is another point for Cara… she puts up with her little brother, James.

My other favorite Cara stories involves one of my very best friends, Rita. We were at my retirement party. Rita is great with kids, and was spending some time with Cara. I can only imagine how this went down but I suspect Cara was giving Rita her own toothy grin and said “are those your real teeth?” I’m pretty sure Rita grinned back at her and said, “yes, why?”. And how did Cara answer? “Because I’ve never seen such big teeth!”

Rita couldn’t wait to tell me about how she fell in love with Cara. She has always been self conscious of her teeth and the honesty of this child melted her heart.

012

Cara has a heart of gold. Her little sister, Anna, made this card for her. Cara gave it every bit of attention that it deserved.

Happy tenth birthday Cara! I love you!

015

We have ten grandkids. And here we have our oldest grandchild, 13 year old Travis, and youngest, two year old Reagan. This is one of my favorite pictures ever.

11 comments:

Karla said...

My sisters birthday is today..she is 60 today.
Such wonderful pictures..such wonderful grandchildren..and such wonderful memories you will have forever and a day :-)

ChicagoLady said...

Cara says things as she sees them, with the honesty only a child has. You are truly blessed!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I can tell you have a wonderful, loving family. You are all so blessed!!!! Thank you for sharing Cara with us today!

Toriz said...

Happy birthday Cara!

Intense Guy said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday celebration Cara!

Such a sweety. I guess someone is already holding the boys off at the front door.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Ten! We have eight who range from 15~6 months. Never a dull day, huh?
I loved your Cara stories, she is precious. Here's a great big Ozarks HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CARA!!!

Enjoy your day filled with blessings of memories and celebration!!!

AliceKay said...

Happy belated birthday to Cara. (i couldnt see well enough yesterday to read or comment on blogs so didnt see this until today) Cara sounds like a real sweetheart. Looks like she had a nice birthday.

I always enjoy seeing pics of your grandchildren. :)

Anonymous said...

They are just all so precious, the pictures are great and it is so funny what kids will say sometimes lol

junyah said...

I think i detect a Very Proud Grand maw..Great bunch of youngens and tat carie has a great head of hair too. Hugs to you and all your's Jr

Anonymous said...

Lol'd at the cashier story!

Funny in My Mind said...

So cute! I didn't know you had 10 grandkids. cool! Happy birthday to Cara!