Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cool Green!

As I look around me, I see Green everywhere! We've had just enough rain to lower the temperatures and give back a touch of color to the stressed grass. Knowing this is only a short reprieve, I've made sure to take advantage of every second of it. The temperatures will soar towards the 100's again sooner than one would think possible. And then when we least expect it, the cooler tempertures and beautiful oranges and reds of Fall will show their face.
School days are here again. It is hard for me to believe that every one of my grandkids, with the exception of sweet little Reagan, are now in school. Three are in Jr. High! It seems like only yesterday that my own children were heading off to their first day of school. Sometimes the quickness of the passing of time makes my head swim.
Saturday was Anna's birthday. Happy 8th Birthday to 8 Anna. Our little Bug is what we call her because she is cute as a bug. She had a wonderful birthday party on Sunday. I'd post pictures but, well, they are still in the camera. Later, huh.
Remember the pigs the girls showed at the County Fairs? They both were sold at the Moniteau County Fair and both girls got over $500 for their hard work. That money will go towards next year's pigs and feed. They are learning such a valuable lesson about the benefits of hard work and saving and managing money. I'm very proud of them.
Emily has started babysitting and is apparently in great demand. If I had young kids, I would certanly hire her. But, I tried to get her to loan me some money and she just smiled and shook her head no. What? Do I look like a bad credit risk? I need to have a long talk with that young lady!
Work - both at Church and my embroidery business - has been busy. I marvel at what a hectic pace I am able to keep when I head into work at church. Since I am only part time, I find myself working more efficiently than I ever would have thought possible. I love the work - and often wonder when the time will come that they figure out they really need a full time office manager. That decision would put me out on my patootie, because one of the reasons I love this job is that it is part time and the hour are amazingly flexible.
I know, I'm rambling - I guess I'm in a rambling mood. Laundry is calling - so is supper.
Will post again soon. Hope everyone has a wonderful week.
Later!

11 comments:

Funny in My Mind said...

I feel a little fall in the air.
I am going to miss summer but it has been so unbearably hot!
We have some green again too but not enough to mow the yard yet.
School starts here tomorrow and boy, I agree, time does fly!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I'm with you, seems like just yesterday we were putting our two on teh bus.
When Jeremy the oldest started school, I drove all the way to school behind the bus. When I got out at school to walk him in, he said "Mom I can do it by myself" More tears all the way home for this Mom!
Next week if you get real busy with your embrodiery, I'd love to be a mouse in the corner. I'm gonna have to buy me a machine.

Take care.

Missouri Gal said...

It is amazing how fast the kids grow up. In a blink of an eye! Walking around the fair with my husband, I was a little sad my kids weren't with me.
Hope Anna had a great 8th birthday! Wish I could have made it to Moniteau's Fair. Just too hot for me.

Tonia said...

We are enjoying the little bit of green and cool! Its a wonderful thing.. I cant believe how my girls have grown and it makes me sad...

Intense Guy said...

That cooling breeze is so welcomed - and such a mood lifter!

Happy Birthday Anna!

And congrats to the successful pig farmers too!

:) and thank you - your happy post is just the thing today. :)

Rural Rambler said...

Good Morning Deanna! And what a fine couple of mornings and days we have had!! Boy I needed this weather break. We didn't get but a couple of drops of rain but the cool sure feel great. I enjoyed your "Cool Green" ramble :) Happy Birthday to Anna!

Toriz said...

Hope Anna had a great birthday.

Yeah, enjoy the greens while they are still around to enjoy. Autumn/Fall will soon change the greens to reds, yellows, oranges, etc. Also nice to look at, but still...

Anyway, I hope all the grandkids are enjoying their schools.

AliceKay said...

We've had some rain and there seems to be more green around now. Our lawn is a lost cause in most places tho. About the only things that have survived this summer's heat are weeds and quackgrass.

Happy belated 8th birthday to Anna. I'm glad she had a nice birthday party.

That's great news about the girls' market pigs. They received a pretty good price for their hard work. I know how much it costs to raise a pig.

School doesn't start in our area until next Tuesday, and some school districts even wait until the day after Labor Day. The first day of school can be rough on a mom. I know I shed a few tears before.

I love the colors and smell of autumn, but I don't love what comes after that. :\ I hope the rest of your week is a good one.

Anonymous said...

I think that is nice how the kids use their hog money for the next round of hogs. Im sooo ready for fall, I hope you are having a good week so far, HUGS

junyah said...

Its great to hear from you even if your Only Rambling. I do that a lot according to my wife. I'M glad somebody is getting rain , its so dry here its not funny. We have had i think 1/4 of an inch so far for the month of August.I want to get the brush out back brunning but its going to be a while until i can the fire danger is high to extreme. Your girls are doing great.The rest of the country could learn a lot from them.See the national average for entering collage and they are down on math reading and science.I believe it and the way kids talk really URKS Me. like you know like like well you know.... rurrrrrrrr.. damm lol anyway ,U take care and a Huge hug. Your Ole Buddy JR (PS) Oscars says hi, and Speedy ,Oscars doing great.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Sounds like all is well with you, and that makes me a happy camper!! It's been HOT HOT HOT here too! Crazy hot for this area. But when we get rain, oh golly, do we ever get rain here! Everything in Italy is done with passion it would seem, lol!